Prop selection?

Reaction score
Just wondering, I see lots of info about prop testing for the phantoms as far as efficiency vs torque and it all looks like it is best guess.

Are the factory DJI props still considered the best choice to fly with for a Phantom 2 Vision?

What about if you upgraded the motors to the T-motor Antigravity Edition MN2214 V2.0-KV920's? Would there be the need for a prop change?

Thanks for your time!

Viro

Dont bother. Leave it as stock and learn how to fly first. Up down left right, thats what you need to learn, no anti gravity motors (I always laugh at their name) and no carbon props. Just fly and be happy :)

Also a way good idea to be proficient in flying before even thinking about the anti gravity motors. Because they are not as ruggedly built as the stock motors and can be damaged more easy in a crash then the stock ones. So its good to get past any of the early stage learners crashes that most every one has a few times. Before dropping the cash on T motors. Plus if you have a lot of time on the stock ones you will be able to actually tell if there is any difference in the upgraded motors if you at a later point do ever decide to go with them.

I have been practicing almost everyday. My neighbor has a flag pole and I practice lunge stops near the pole, rotating around the pole while maintaining height and distance from the pole, figure eights (both directions).. All sorts of crazy stuff that most likely makes me sound like an idiot. Fun though. I am planning on setting up an obstacle coarse in the fall.

I have been flying RC planes most of my life and this has pretty much no learning curve to it. BUT! I am doing all of this because I love RC aircraft and I think this would be device to have on vacation.

So far I have already purchased:

Antigravity Edition MN2214 V2.0-KV920 :roll:
Go Pro Hero3 White edition
Polar Pro ND filter
Spare stock props
Futaba T8J - Just purchased

I am about to pull the trigger on the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. Unless someone here says that is a bad idea. From all my research it looks like a very nice gimbal.

I know I will have to counter balance the Go Pro on that gimbal because of the added weight of the ND filter but that isn't much of a big deal.

Where I would like some help if there are some people willing to help me. Here is what I would like to do:

1. I would like to extend my range.
2. -- Transmitter Futaba T8J Purchased --

3. I would also like some FPV abilities in the future. Looks like that would be very cool to do.

Thanks for all the help!

Viro

lol Sounds you already dived in to this addiction head first.

As an RC addict, have you thought about a (fpv)250 size quad?? Whizzing just above the ground at high speeds :)

I've read a few people who claim that the T-motors made no difference.
(I'm guessing it's more of a placebo effect than anything).

stick with the stock props.

put the extra money into buying extra batteries, .. now THAT will get you more flying time!

(and FPV and the Futaba will help tremendously as well,. if anything, get those first before blowing wads on new motors and props)

I am not sure if it is ok to ask this here (correct area?), but I was trying to figure out now that I am going to be using the Futaba T8J, it is a 2.4GHz Tx so I will now need to buy a WiFi extender that operates on 5.8GHz??

Also a way good idea to be proficient in flying before even thinking about the anti gravity motors. Because they are not as ruggedly built as the stock motors and can be damaged more easy in a crash then the stock ones. So its good to get past any of the early stage learners crashes that most every one has a few times. Before dropping the cash on T motors. Plus if you have a lot of time on the stock ones you will be able to actually tell if there is any difference in the upgraded motors if you at a later point do ever decide to go with them.

Please excuse my ignorance. I'm completely new to this field. I just have a couple of questions: 1) is anyone familiar with active noise cancellation? I've "heard" it applied to a rotory lawnmower.This can't be much different, and 2) is anyone familiar with the NASA Test Prop? Wikipedia
"Scimitar propeller" (quotes mine). Maybe, I'll learn something. Hey, what a good idea!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.