prop guards

Reaction score
so everything is workig really well....filiming and taking some amazing video.....installed the prop guards, should i use the string? is it really needed im sure its for extra stability if your up high in high winds...what do you guys reccomend

It's my understanding that the string is to keep you from being tangled up in things like tree branches and such. Didn't really think it had anything to do with stability. I use it and it has saved my butt more than once.

What Bob says...the string prevents things from going between the guards and getting at your props. I think it's worth using it!
Bob_Rush said:
It's my understanding that the string is to keep you from being tangled up in things like tree branches and such. Didn't really think it had anything to do with stability. I use it and it has saved my butt more than once.

Definitely worth using if you have the guards........without the string, the guards can actually work against you if you get in tree branches.

Sokol said:
Definitely worth using if you have the guards........without the string, the guards can actually work against you if you get in tree branches.

+1,.............. good point

makes sense fellas...yeah its now on....i actually poped open the lid to explore inside a bit...like i said befor im a heli guy and do all the building myself...so i just wanted to make sure everything was attached correctly lol it was :D

A couple of times I took off too slow and my Phantom skipped across the concrete on the guards. I know it saved me some blades in this instance. Other than that it has flown very smooth with them on.

I seem to remember the little spool was a bit hidden in the packaging. Is there a cardboard insert in the box? Could it be between the insert and the box?

If indeed it is missing. It's basically 10m of kite line. Use that.

All the original DJI prop guards come with the eyelets and a spool of string...if yours doesn't have those things, they are after market items.

Yes, after market. Can I assume that the string just makes a square connecting all four guards?

Big Ben, Had one of those blue eyed guys that loved to stare my neighbor down.

You are correct! I did see an after market that someone used with rubber bands connected between the props.

Just wondering, What kind of pro guards can i use, if i have the carbon fiber propeller install on my Dji Phantom. Am using a 9x4.7 pro. Please help

joels said:
Just wondering, What kind of pro guards can i use, if i have the carbon fiber propeller install on my Dji Phantom. Am using a 9x4.7 pro. Please help

I think you will be forced to use an after market item. You can check Amazon for the propguards for oversize propellers. Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl