Prop guards

Reaction score
I put on prop guards last night and just flew they are the quick disconnect ones I almost crashed because it make them shake so bad any solutions

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tighten them up ? When you replace use old screws or your be replacing motors

The old screws don't fit they are not long enough

The old screws don't fit they are not long enough

What he meant to say is if you take the prop guards off remember to put the old screws back in so you don't ruin your motors because the prop guard screws are longer and without the prop guards the motors will contact the longer screws.

Also don't use locktite as it will eat the plastic, instead use clear nail polish on the tip of each screw before you screw them in.

why use them got a new set still in box and will never use them

Reactions: ObiDon and Sinisalo
I guess it would be good to have prop guards on if you are flying indoors for whatever reason, I personally have never had any desire to buy them.

I don't plan to fly inside so I think I'm just going to take them off and keep them if I ever do fly inside

After installation did you run an IMU cal?

Try one! You should always calibrate the IMU after changing anything physically on your bird.

Tighten them up ? When you replace use old screws or your be replacing motors

From the get go. My old screws weren't even long enough to hit threads! And do you mean shake, or wobble? Decending straight down causes a wobble, vortex ring state, and it will do it with or without prop gaurds. As far as the IMU, I don't jack with it unless a motor goes bad or something serious, but not prop gaurds.....:cool:

I put them back on today I think it was the wind yesterday making it wobble I also did a imu cal but I do have one question how come when u come down it seems a bit wobbly

come down at a angle that wont happen

That's vortex ring state. The copter is coming down through the dirty air its stirred up on the way down. Its normal. Just move slightly in any direction on the way down.

Yes, the wobbling when you come down fast has nothing to do with prop guards. Or at least not enough to worry about.
If I need or want to descend fast, I set up so I have about a 45-65 deg angle of descent and can come down really fast like that.
I use them and like them. When I used to fly, sometime kids (and curious adults) would come walking over and I just thought it would be safer for everyone if I left them on. Never really saw a whole lot of difference either way but some swear theirs won't fly right with them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj