Prop guards

I use prop guards, nothing special, save me yesterday from a tree crash.
If you phantom flips backwards during take off move the right lever just a little forward to compensate for the wind. Always take off to the wind

Yes prop guards are good for protecting your props if you have a habit of tipping, If you get them make sure your use the proper screws "Long screws for the prop guards but make sure to put short screws back in if you ever remove them our else you'll ruin your motors! Your instructions for install should state this. Also there is the option of landing skids which will keep your Phantom from tipping do to the fact the legs extend out further the the stock landing gear plus I think it makes your Phantom look a whole lot cooler then prop guards! But for first time users that have a habit of flying into things and tipping then yes prop guards are good...

skyelf said:
Cool. Thanks for those tips! I've got the Vision 2 so struts are built in. What are the landing skids you mention, phantomflyer? So far, I've not flown into anything! ;)

If you Google or go to Ebay look up DJI Phantom landing skids and you'll see what I'm talking about!

phantomflyer said:
skyelf said:
Cool. Thanks for those tips! I've got the Vision 2 so struts are built in. What are the landing skids you mention, phantomflyer? So far, I've not flown into anything! ;)

If you Google or go to Ebay look up DJI Phantom landing skids and you'll see what I'm talking about!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATG-DJI-Phantom ... 3cd6588ca8

This is what I have on one of my Phantoms and it never tips over on landing or take off!

I think it's important to figure out why you're tipping on takeoff.
I've never flown with prop guards, and I seldom have a tip-over, especially on take-offs.

Prop guards are great, but they do add weight and will reduce flight time (but that might not be too much of an impact on Phantom 2 /Vision owners).

Gizmo3000 said:
I think it's important to figure out why you're tipping on takeoff.
I've never flown with prop guards, and I seldom have a tip-over, especially on take-offs.

Prop guards are great, but they do add weight and will reduce flight time (but that might not be too much of an impact on Phantom 2 /Vision owners).
Some people are not as experienced with landing and taking off! If it's flying fine I'm sure the tipping is no big issue could be to much forward weight or just him giving to much lift on stick! Either way if it's happening then prop guards or skids will keep you from having to constantly replace your blades!!

This Gear will fit the Phantom 2 and the Vision

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DJI-PHANTOM-T-ty ... 96c&_uhb=1

with this one you remove the old gear completely then put the new gear back on and remount your camera and all the antennas etc...

There is also this type of thing
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PhantoMounts-DJI ... e10&_uhb=1

this one Extends the gear height as well as bends it outward at the bottom kind of like bell bottoms :D :lol:
but if you don't want to remove your old gear and fuss with the cables then this would be the way to go...

other option is to clamp on a fibre rod to the bottom of the existing gear that would stabilize back to front...
you could put a cross member in for side to side stability but this all adds weight

better to go with the first option and replace the gear entirely with a wider stance you can always replace the supplied T struts with longer bars then you would be stable Left to right and back to front...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20