Prop guards which is best?

Reaction score
Like the title says I am wanting to get a set of prop guards for my phantom fc40

From what I read on dji's site it has the vision's props and I am unsure which ones to get

I want them to be as light weight as possible

I hate getting near trees plus my younger cousins love to get close(I didn't mind with my proto x but this could cause harm i don't want to happen)

I noticed some made of carbon fiber and read where they can effect the compass(is this true???)

If I do get the white ones I will paint them to make it easier to see

Any help would be great

Not new to the hobby just was confused by all the different choices for the phantom

I found a battery that matches the visions battery capacity but the plug is different(not sure if I want to mod a new lipo battery or not yet)

http://www.wowhobbies.com/batteryforwal ... -d-74.aspx

I will check out the link as I am getting upgrades for my phantom

Hi general01,
for props I'm using the DJI original but I'm not happy, they are quite heavy and, expecially, very sensitive to wind so makes control more difficult and, expecially, increases battery consumption.... btw now I'm getting more confident in controlling my phantom and I will dismount them.
please refer to the post here for more details on my config: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9321&start=10

antpoli said:
Hi general01,
for props I'm using the DJI original but I'm not happy, they are quite heavy and, expecially, very sensitive to wind so makes control more difficult and, expecially, increases battery consumption.... btw now I'm getting more confident in controlling my phantom and I will dismount them.
please refer to the post here for more details on my config: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9321&start=10

i have decided on not getting the guards as while they would help while indoors(have told my cousins to keep a heads up and watch out when i am flying my phantom)

i don't have the room to fly the beast indoors (my smaller quads yes phantom no)

i don't fly in wind(tried it once with one of my smaller quads really bad idea as i almost had it fly away not cool)even though the phantom can handle the wind

i am comfortable piloting my phantom now(no longer do i get nervous while flying it)

i also am not happy with the stock props(would love a set of three blade props :) )(a link for a set would be awesome)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31