Prop guards saved my bird's life, P3

Reaction score
I put prop guards on my bird before i first flew it, today, which was just too windy, i thought I fly my bird, had nothing to do, my fault, was just too windy, the gusts was the worst. I was flying out 2500 ft, and it would only gain 2.5 mph at full throttle at times so I decided bring it home, pushed return to home, it came back and proceeded to land, but the wind was woo tough, i had to help it down, at about 70' on decent, a gust came and I was full throttle climb and in full reverse, but the gust was too strong, and it nipped a tree, crashed to the ground, only broke 2 prop guards and 1 prop. Thanks to the guards, I put on new set props, powered it up and all was good! I recommend them on any quad copter!

Though I've never used them personally, I have heard that prop guards have a bad habit of catching the wind, which could have exacerbated your wind/gust issues during flight and descent. Just something to think about. Glad you're bird is mostly ok!

I've never used them because it seems they would put it off balance?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

prop guards are like giant wind sail will make bird due crazy things in flight plus learn how to hand catch

I had used prop guards only once but now using their quick snap arrangement as guard against STRESS CRACKS :) So far no issues.

Though I've never used them personally, I have heard that prop guards have a bad habit of catching the wind, which could have exacerbated your wind/gust issues during flight and descent. Just something to think about. Glad you're bird is mostly ok!
Interesting, it never occurred to me that could happen, but it makes complete sense....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4