Prop Guards Installed and made for uneven flight

Reaction score
I have a GoPro 3+ installed and have flown 60+ flights before I installed the prop guards yesterday. It used to be able to spin directly around, but now it spins in a 3m orbit when I rotate the Phantom 1. Upon take off, it seems, that now the camera end is too heavy and the drone has severe difficulty leveling itself in GPS mode. I have the string installed below the guards, but I am not sure why balance is now messed up. Anyone else know how to fix this other than adding a few small weights to the light end?

Like every other mod that adds weight, you may require to adjust gains in the assistant software to compensate.

I have no props and won't install them, so maybe someone can chime in with experience.

If not try adding gains values. The norm is 10% at a time until you notice more stability.

Good luck.

I had them on mine (P2V) for the first dozen or so flights. I noticed no real difference after removing them. I may put them back on since they improve long distance visibility for me.

ericdes said:
I have no props and won't install them, so maybe someone can chime in with experience.

Talk about a safe quad, I wish I could find a way to fly without props...... :lol: Guess you meant prop guards :mrgreen:

BruceTS said:
ericdes said:

Talk about a safe quad, I wish I could find a way to fly without props...... :lol: Guess you meant prop guards :mrgreen:

That's DJI's new concession for everyone complaining about the new no-fly zones....you're allowed to fly anywhere in them now, as long as you remove your props first :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20