Prop Guards for P3P

Reaction score
Can you, and does anyone fit prop guards to the Phantom 3 Pro, and if yes, can you fit P2 prop guards to the P3

Amazon.com - "Summitlink" pop on / pop off guards, $19.99. With these, you can easily remove the guards so your aircraft will still fit your case, (if you have one).

No mine didnt, I was just wondering if people have fitted them to the P3 and if so, can you fit P2 guards to the P3

I was told by my dealer P2 prop guards will not fit the P3.
No, they don't come with the Phantom.
Good idea to fit them - saved my P3A a couple of times while learning
Wish I'd bought the pop off guards though - but it only takes a couple of minutes to remove the screws on these ones.
Only issue I've ever had with them - I caught one of them in a door handle - left the P3 hanging there as I walked by! Doh! :rolleyes:

I have the removable guards on my P3. Got them off Amazon. I like them for two reasons. First, I transport my P3 in a DJI hard case backpack so I have to take the guards off each time. These are fast and easy. Second, the guards I got, two are red and two are black. I put the reds on the front and the blacks on the back. It really helps with orientation.

I will note that I did have to slightly modify the hard case to accept the part of the guards that remains attached to the arms. Just a little work with a knife removing some of the foam at the ends of the arms.

Reactions: 304HighDrone
P2 props guards will fit the P3, but the screws are too long. If you install the same screws, you will damage your motors. For that reason, it's not a good idea to use P2 props guards.

You can find a list of compatible prop guards here:
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

FYI:
-
The "Summitlink" removable prop guards come with TWO small ziplock bags of screws.
One bag says "Phantom 1 & 2", the other says "Phantom 3."
-
DON'T use th wrong ones - duhhhhhhh ! : ^ O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31