Prop guard screws

Reaction score
Hi all
I just got a set of snap on prop guards summitlink I think for my p3p but it is missing some of the 16 screws required , I got it through eBay and pointless waiting for another month for missing hex screws I was wondering does anyone now the size of the hex screws. Ie M3,M2 or M2.5 , I realise the length issue and the motors I just need to check if RS Components have them in stock but not so sure what ones to get.

Thanks
Dermot

Hi all
I just got a set of snap on prop guards summitlink I think for my p3p but it is missing some of the 16 screws required , I got it through eBay and pointless waiting for another month for missing hex screws I was wondering does anyone now the size of the hex screws. Ie M3,M2 or M2.5 , I realise the length issue and the motors I just need to check if RS Components have them in stock but not so sure what ones to get.

Thanks
Dermot
Signup for a free month of amazon prime, return the old set & order a new snap on set on Amazon with free 2 day shipping, i got mine from Amazon & they got here in 2 days! Just a suggestion, & if you experience issues you have a 30 day hassle free return period!

Here is another thing and I saw even a guy from the Amazon reviews say this and was thinking - he cant do the math? The summitlink guards come with phantom 1/2 screws which are longer and phantom 3 screws which are tiny bit smaller. And yes they will all be bigger screws then stock cause you are adding the thickness of the prop guards. I accidentally put the phantom 1/2 screws in mine at first and realized they just didnt seem right. The actual screws they send you for the phantom 3 are perfect.
The guy from amazon was warning people "the screws are bigger than your original screws be aware" but of course they are bigger, how else would you fit the added thickness??

Here is another thing and I saw even a guy from the Amazon reviews say this and was thinking - he cant do the math? The summitlink guards come with phantom 1/2 screws which are longer and phantom 3 screws which are tiny bit smaller. And yes they will all be bigger screws then stock cause you are adding the thickness of the prop guards. I accidentally put the phantom 1/2 screws in mine at first and realized they just didnt seem right. The actual screws they send you for the phantom 3 are perfect.
The guy from amazon was warning people "the screws are bigger than your original screws be aware" but of course they are bigger, how else would you fit the added thickness??
I agree, I have them and they fit perfectly adding the extra width of the snap on guards themselves. Of course, if you ever want to remove them then you'll need to install the OEM or original screws.I must also add in, I flew with the guards since day one of owning my P3, I was having wobbles while bringing my bird down & removed the guards, no more wobble. Also, after removing the guards I noticed it flew alot smoother, no more shakes I was seeing before, and alot faster. Starting to wonder if these things are even worth a few broken props, no I just leave the clip on pieces on and guards off until I find a day I really need them indoors, ext..

Last edited:
I agree, I have them and they fit perfectly adding the extra width of the snap on guards themselves. Of course, if you ever want to remove them then you'll need to install the OEM or original screws.I must also add in, I flew with the guards since day one of owning my P3, I was having wobbles while bringing my bird down & removed the guards, no more wobble. Also, after removing the guards I noticed it flew alot smoother, no more shakes I was seeing before, and alot faster. Starting to wonder if these things are even worth a few broken props, no I just leave the clip on pieces on and guards off until I find a day I really need them indoors, ext..

i havent been flying without prop guards yet. thought about buying quick disconnect ones to have instead of the dju ones, but instead i decided to fly without. i havent had a bad landing yet and i always land on a flat surface. and i always fly safely so for me i dont think the prop guards is necessary. [emoji4] gonna fly soon and i might notice a difference in how it flies. should be even more stable without prop guards.

Guys, the thing to be careful about with the screws is the LENGTH. Either putting the guards on, or taking them off, pay very close attention to the screw length. If they are too long, they will go on just fine but make contact with the motor windings possibley ruining a motor, or all of them.

BTW, using prop guards other than official DJI brand voids your warranty. So, if you use something else and someday have to send it in, make sure and remove the guards and replace the original screws else they won't fix your bird. If you send it in for a screw hitting the motor winding like described above, they also won't cover it.

Cheers!

Reactions: Kootenay

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl