Prop Guard Error

Reaction score
I have had two occasions where I get a message that I have prop guards attached and the CA is disabled. No prop guards are attached.

Anybody else have this happen?

How does the AC know guards are attached?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

I will if and when I get it again. The first time it happened I was launching from my yard facing a fence. I shut it down and turned it so it was facing trees and the error didn't reappear.

I'm thinking that wasn't the issue as I had launched facing the fence before. Once the sensors are shutoff, it won't let you turn them back on.

Are you sure it wasn't a gimbal motor error? There is no such thing as a prop guard error, as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It said Prop Guard detected.

I had this message yesterday. On reflection I think it might have picked up a few blades of grass near the sensor and confused itself.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I launch mine in the yard from a plastic step stool to raise it out of the grass. I'll pay close attention next flight to make sure nothing would be at an angle that could be misconstrued for a prop guard.

I would think once you're airborne and the sensors are on, they're not going to disable because of that error.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl