Prop Guard Compatibility Issue

So... What is the specs for the correct screw length to use with theSummitlink quick disconnect prop guards and the P3?

Interesting. I opted to not sure the quick connect guards that screw mount the base to the phantom arm. This quick connect design does not require changing screws on the phantom or having to permanently mount the base (which doesn't allow it to fit in some storage cases).

I have the Bestem Prop guards, and they sent M3x12 screws with both sets, , but I got an email saying I should use M3x10 screws on the P3. The M3x12 work with no binding issues, but I will changes them to M3x10 in any case.

Will they send them to you?

No, I'm in Australia, and it was easy enough for me to get the 8 little screw, I buy a lot of bolts and I think it cost me a whole $1 for 10 of them.

Thanks. I guess I'll look around (I'm in the US). Any screws that size will work? Is there anything special about them that ensures they won't loosen from vibrations?

Reactions: RyanK
If anybody finds the right screws for sale in the US (for the Bestem), please post where you found them.

Here's the length I dremeled off and it's working fine. Assuming M3x10 is roughly halfway between 8&12, my lengths were probably 11. I know several people who have had no issue with the M3x12, but I decided to shave off a bit to be sure.

Attachments

• dremeled.jpg
    dremeled.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 307

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31