Prop Balancing

Reaction score
Anyone have a source for a unit that P4P users can use to balance our props?

Do a Google search for a P4P Prob balance bar. I used a bar on my P3P and it worked a treat. Bit like me, simple and easy. I am sure someone must have brought one out for the p4 by now.

Or go onto Ebay and search for Balancer propeller

You can find prop balancers and rods that are compatible with P4P props here.

Reactions: KingDad1985
I not sure prop balancing is necessary. But I will share a trick I do. I use 400 grit wet sand paper to sand off the logos, blunt the front edges and sharpen the rear edges. This will quiet the drone down a bit. All that noise comes from blades that are not properly honed.

Why would I need prop balancing? What is it?

Why would I need prop balancing?
It's done to ensure the props are balanced -- making for a smoother more efficient flight. Here's an example showing how to balance Phantom props:

It's done to ensure the props are balanced -- making for a smoother more efficient flight. Here's an example showing how to balance Phantom props:

Thanks for the explanation. But I cannot believe this is necessary.. Why would they send us props that does not hold up to the standard set by the own company?

I have never had to balance phantom props atleast p4 and p4p have been very very close. One could sand the sharp edges from the factory mold

I have balanced many props for DIY quads and fixed wing. I have notices a reason to question DJI balance. Seems fine.

I cannot believe this is necessary.. Why would they send us props that does not hold up to the standard set by the own company?
From the many DJI quadcopters I've owner, I've found about 50% of my props are usually just a little bit off balance. Could I still fly with them without balancing them? Sure. Most people probably aren't balancing their props, so it's certainly not required.

Reactions: Dronefriend
Thanks for the explanation. But I cannot believe this is necessary.. Why would they send us props that does not hold up to the standard set by the own company?

Think of it like the tires on your car. You don't HAVE to have them balanced but we all do because it makes for a much smoother ride, better mileage and so on. And it wouldn't surprise me if it's required to keep your tire warranty intact.

Thinking about this a little more, why do we all think it's ok for tire manufacturers to sell us tires that are out of balance? Nevermind, I'm getting off topic there o_O

DJI's props are pretty well balanced. They are not all perfect though.

Speaking of props is there a point where replacement is recommended? I mean if you have no physical damage or wear can you use a set indefinitely?

DJI's props are pretty well balanced. They are not all perfect though.
A week or so ago I watched a couple of videos on youtube testing various props and for the most part the DJI props were balanced pretty close, as you said. Eventually I'd like to get a balancer just to make sure but at least for now I'm not real worried.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj