Prop Balancer

Reaction score
Hey

CAn you recommend the most normal prop balancer by its job and its price?

Thanks

Go for du-bro prop balancer. I bought 6mm rod for $8 and balancer for $24. That's what I remember. But it's a good balancer.

Check the prices on eBay and Amazon.

Reactions: HueJorgan
Go for du-bro prop balancer. I bought 6mm rod for $8 and balancer for $24. That's what I remember. But it's a good balancer.

Check the prices on eBay and Amazon.

I have the same set up as alokbhargava... Very happy with it ;

DJI Phantom 3/2/Vision/+ Flame Wheel E300 E310 Propeller Balance Rod
and
DuBro Tru-Spin Prop Propeller Balancer for Air & Heli - model 499

I usually use the SpeedyTM prop balancer. If you want to get the Du-Bro though, then get this one since it includes a prop rod that'll fit the P3 props. If you buy a different model, you'll also need to buy a prop rod.

All you need is the right size rod and a water glass. That's the way I do it and have been doing it that way for years. Don't get me wrong the De-Bro is great but you can do without it. Just saying.
a bit more info about this technique? :)

So you have one of these gizmos

How do you balance

Sanding?

Sticky tape?

Other?

Thanx n advance

I balance mine by sticking small strips of clear Scotch tape on the bottom of the light side of the prop.

Here's a good demo on prop balancing:

when I balance... done this for years now.... with the balancer you determine the heavy side... the side that drops.... and I take a sharp steak knife and scrape the trailing edge very lightly and it takes off very very little material.. repeat until balanced. You could use fine sand paper, it will do the same thing.... I don't add anything to the props as what ever you add might sling off while in flight.... most of the props come very close to balanced so your not taking hardly anything off of the trailing edge...

I don't add anything to the props as what ever you add might sling off while in flight
I've been adding clear Scotch tape to them for a few years now. None of the tape has ever come loose and/or been slung off.

when I balance... done this for years now.... with the balancer you determine the heavy side... the side that drops.... and I take a sharp steak knife and scrape the trailing edge very lightly and it takes off very very little material.. repeat until balanced. You could use fine sand paper, it will do the same thing.... I don't add anything to the props as what ever you add might sling off while in flight.... most of the props come very close to balanced so your not taking hardly anything off of the trailing edge...
I use fine sandpaper to get the extra weight out. It's personal choice.

I've been adding clear Scotch tape to them for a few years now. None of the tape has ever come loose and/or been slung off.
Just easier for me to remove material than to add material...
some of the guys I paramotor with use spray varnish on their paramotor props....

Clear Scotch tape here. Add small strips until balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Use a water glass in place of the DeBro. Just rest the rod on the glass and balance as normal. As for what to do add or subtract, I subtract by scraping away excuses with a sharp knife. This is not rocket science. That being said balancing is very important to the overall performance of your P3. Just saying.

ecd19af0620e69b6d718134f0c2d1c90.jpg
cff1c89b527263054f62e3498a978820.jpg

I recommend the DuBro brand. Btw the stock DJI props are pretty balance. I had to correct mine a tiny bit. Use a sandpaper to remove the extract weight.

fca9befd7f54ae785f629f2d1993c38a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl