Prop balancer

Reaction score
Hey all
Can someone please give me a link to a prop balancer suitable for P3A props.
I got one off Amazon and was a bit hasty, looking at the reviews rather than into which model would work with my props.
I made the mistake of assuming that a balancer was a balancer....
The one that I bought is for prop with a hole right through the centre (doh!). Image below.
I need one for 'capped props' I guess, and available to the UK.

Cheers

Attachments

• 1458652292199.jpg
    1458652292199.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 364
The SpeedyTM and this Du-Bro are both compatible. Both come with the prop rod you'll need.

What the benefit of a prop balancer and are they really beneficial?

Ever drive a car with an unbalanced wheel? Props are mass produced, out of the mold into the bag. All props should be checked before use, most are not.

In addition, whilst out flying the weekend the quad tipped on its side as I fired the motors up. Was on level solid ground but gusty costal wind unbalanced it as the rotors spun up. The props struck the pavement and I got a prop obstruction warning. I was standing next to it so this was only momentary.
I restarted the quad and RC and all was OK.
The thing is that this would have grazed a minute amount of plastic off the props that struck the ground. It flew fine though but this is another reason I need to balance them.

The thing is that this would have grazed a minute amount of plastic off the props that struck the ground.
In that case, toss the damaged prop and replace it.

Reactions: n6vmo
Go for Du-Bro

I have had to import this from the US since I could not find a solitary UK supplier. Not even a similar model with comparible build.
There's definitely an opening for a UK supplier.

Attachments

• 1458750267692.jpg
    1458750267692.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 282

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20