Prop balance?

Reaction score
How important is it to balance your props? I can understand if your running after market stuff, but how about stock dji props?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just plop them on the balancer real quick just to make sure DJI is up to it's standards on everything they sell. Including props.
Remember, they are a mass production company and product! You will get defects on the average of every 5000 Units.
Get a prop balancer for better results from the Phantom! It helps increase the life of the bird anyway! Peace Of Mind!
There are tons of threads on this topic Just use the search option of the forum..

How important is it to balance your props? I can understand if your running after market stuff, but how about stock dji props?

I'd say it's important enough to test them. If they are out of balance it will introduce vibration. I will say this.. I have tested all of my DJI props and found that none were bad enough to require adjustment.

YMMV

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Thanks m0j0 I shall purchase a balancer then, to be certain. Sorry blue bird next time I'll just search for the ton of threads.

Suntana, balancing props is like balancing tires on your car. You don't have to do it, but your car will run better when you do.

About 50% of my DJI props are usually just a bit off balance out of the box, so I always balance them. I like to use the SpeedyTM prop balancer, but other people swear by the Du-Bro (I own both). Here's how to do it:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sun I use the Du-Bro also and if ya do get that one be sure and get the rod also to fit the props we use .
balancer.jpg
just be sure the table is level :)
Like m0j0 almost all the one's I have got were fine but a few and I use scotch tape or fingernail polish to get those level
prefer the tape myself .

Msinger, thank you I found the same balancer on eBay that is pictured in your post. I understand the importance of a well balanced props. I just didn't want to spend extra money if long time pilots had no issues with stock props. You gave me the answer I was after.
I did search through the previous threads, bluebird is right there is quite a few threads on this topic, thanks all for the info.

Reactions: Drone Master
If money is a concern, then just pick up a prop balancing rod. You can set the rod on a drinking glass. It's not as convenient as using a prop balancer (since the rod can roll off the glass), but it'll do the job.

Which size shaft do you need for the P3A?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not all shafts are the same size. Any of these rods will work.

So say you get a Dupro, you need their 6mm shaft and that will work on the P3? Also, you mentioned you use tape - does this mean instead of sanding down the heavier side, you add weight to the lighter side with tape?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So say you get a Dupro, you need their 6mm shaft and that will work on the P3?
Any of the rods at the above link will work. If you go with a different brand, just make sure it's advertised as being compatible with the P3 (or P2). Not all rods are the same diameter in the center. The important part is the threads on the end of the rod.

you mentioned you use tape - does this mean instead of sanding down the heavier side, you add weight to the lighter side with tape?
Correct.

Reactions: Drone Master

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers