Professional 3 queries?

Reaction score
Hi I am completely new to the Phantom scene. I would appreciate some advice on a few things please.

I have purchased a new phantom 3 professional, studied the manuals, plenty of forums and videos.

I have flown it for 1.5 hours in beginner mode in my large living room and the local airfield.

The queries I have:

1/ I have upgraded the firmware, the copter now has V 01.09.006 and
the controller has v 1.6 is this correct?
I found the phantom quite simple to upgrade.
But trying to upgrade the controller, using the usb port on the remote control nothing at all happened. - it just did not read my usb stick.
2/ Checking the status page before flight , every thing is listed as normal, but the compass has "calibrate" along side it. I have tried countless times to calibrate the compass as per
the manual. This sign refuses to go out. I have tried open areas etc.
The two green lights on the phantom flash a slow green, nothing else flashes .

3/ the post flight page records all flights as "normal"

Flies perfect otherwise.
Any advice or guidance would be very welcome
thank you

I have upgraded the firmware, the copter now has V 01.09.006 and
the controller has v 1.6 is this correct?
Yes -- those are the latest firmware versions.

But trying to upgrade the controller, using the usb port on the remote control nothing at all happened. - it just did not read my usb stick.
After firmware version 1.3.2 is installed, the remote controller can only be updated from DJI GO.

Checking the status page before flight , every thing is listed as normal, but the compass has "calibrate" along side it. I have tried countless times to calibrate the compass as per
the manual. This sign refuses to go out.
It's not telling you to calibrate the compass. It's just what you must click when you want to calibrate the compass.

Well come on in, to the forum and Phantom 3 family. Happy for you, that you have finally joined the forum, & asked the right questions to have it figured all out. Now practice flying your new model, with SIM and lots of air time, as you become familiar with your drones camera controls. ;-)
Enjoy the Phantom and your time on the forum.

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers