Problems with my motors

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an original phantom, with no upgrades. I bought it used but it had barely been flown, it mostly just sat on a shelf for a year. My first time trying to fly it it did not want to recognize the sticks on my transmitter. We were able to fix this by re calibrating the OMU. I didn't take it up in flight but I did turn the motors on to make sure they worked and they did. Which brings us to my second attempt and where I am stuck. When turning on the motors two ran smoothly and two only made random sporadic movements. I tried several times and double checked the screws but still, they would not turn fully on. When I spin these two motors with my hand there is a slight noise (almost like something rattling around) and it is louder in one bad motor over the other.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to go about fixing this?

Thank you

UPDATE:

I forgot to mention that is both the counter clockwise motors with this problem.
I took the motors off and apart. There is nothing in them. The "rattling" noise I mentioned may not be the best way to describe it. They just had a sound that was different than the others when I hand spun them.

Any one?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31