Problems With Footage Resolution

Reaction score
Hey Guys/Gals, I'm working with the phantom 4 and loving it. Everything is shot in 2k at 30fps. Here is the problem:

When we view the footage from the P4 it looks great on our monitor, when it is time to export a web clip the footage loses a ton of quality even if we increase the bit rate to obnoxious levels. We can use the exact same export settings with gopro recordings shot at the same 2k 30fps settings and it will look fine. Yet the native files from the gopro and the p4 look nearly identical. Anyone had this same problem?

thanks! John

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
I'm a new Phantom 4 owner as well and having the same issue as you describe but in 1080p 30fps. I emailed my work phone a 15sec clip and it was very poor quality after opening it. I then text the clip to that same phone and boom, no loss in quality. What the heck??? I take 3 to 5 min videos daily and need to email these in high quality. HELP. [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
Hey Guys/Gals, I'm working with the phantom 4 and loving it. Everything is shot in 2k at 30fps. Here is the problem:

When we view the footage from the P4 it looks great on our monitor, when it is time to export a web clip the footage loses a ton of quality even if we increase the bit rate to obnoxious levels. We can use the exact same export settings with gopro recordings shot at the same 2k 30fps settings and it will look fine. Yet the native files from the gopro and the p4 look nearly identical. Anyone had this same problem?

thanks! John
Dude I'm having this issue as well I believe. I tried uploading a clip to YouTube and Instagram and the video quality would look terrible after the upload even though it will look normal on my computer hard drive.

I'm a new Phantom 4 owner as well and having the same issue as you describe but in 1080p 30fps. I emailed my work phone a 15sec clip and it was very poor quality after opening it. I then text the clip to that same phone and boom, no loss in quality. What the heck??? I take 3 to 5 min videos daily and need to email these in high quality. HELP. [emoji85]

I'm having the same issues, I thought it was my video editor I guess not.

10/4 Fallguy, I am shooting at sunrise this morning and will give the 60fps a try. Thanks,

Edward.

Glad I could help. Mp4 I hear is better for working in Windows and MOV with Apple .
Yes this is what I hear. Also can you tell me if 3D noise reduction should be off or on? Also can you tell me what that even does? Thanks you.

Last edited:
Yes this is what I hear. Also can you tell me if 3D noise reduction should be off or on? Also can you tell me what that even does? Thanks you.
I believe it takes out some of the graininess of the video. I would experiment with this and see if there is any difference. If not , then probably leave it at the default setting , which probably was not on .

I believe it takes out some of the graininess of the video. I would experiment with this and see if there is any difference. If not , then probably leave it at the default setting , which probably was not on .
Actually by default it's always on.

Same here Powerdirector 12 . I find it to be the easiest of the better video editor programs out there. Tried Vegas , Premier Pro , etc , but Powerdirector is pretty straight forward and i'm always learning new things with it . All my uploads on youtube were done with it.

Same here Powerdirector 12 . I find it to be the easiest of the better video editor programs out there. Tried Vegas , Premier Pro , etc , but Powerdirector is pretty straight forward and i'm always learning new things with it . All my uploads on youtube were done with it.
Would love to see your work with it, send me a link.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik