Problems with DJI Go App

Reaction score
I have a brand new P3P and I cannot get this to work.

I followed the instructions perfectly I think, but no luck, so hopefully somebody can offer a suggestion.

I downloaded the DJI Go app, I can turn on the remote control, I can turn on the drone. Yet the drone has steady red lights on one side and flashing green on the other.

When I look at the App, I am supposed to be seeing a screen where I tap on a camera icon, yet I am never presented with the camera icon. I can click on the equipment icon which displays a picture of the Phantom 3, yet there is no camera icon.

I am lost. Any suggestions?

Did you register your Phantom in the DJI GO app? If not, watch this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am so confused.

I tried this again today and now the drone is flashing yellow and red on one side, and solid red on the other.

For starters I am using a brand new Ipad I bought and I am using the cable that came with the drone which this video states is for android devices. (Perhaps that is why the cable was a real ***** to get connected into the IPad...which it finally did for the record after applying way more pressure than I felt comfortable applying. The Ipad even displayed a screen when I did this which said that I was not using an approved cable. I hope I have not caused any damage to my $650 Ipad........why the hell DJI doesnt include both cables, or warn people that they need a different cable so I could have ordered one in advance is beyond me....but I digress.)

Additionally, I got about 6 minutes into that video and noticed that the app never gave me the opportunity the register the drone. There was never a screen asking me to do that. The only screen I saw was asking me to create a username or something at the DJI website. There is no screen which says "Activate your Phantom", and as such there is no follow up screen like the video which says "customize your settings".

Do I have a bad controller, or need to remove the app and reload it? I am lost and frustrated beyond belief at this point.

PS I also have no SIM card in the Ipad at the moment if that counts for anything.

Last edited:
How do you charge your iPad? Did it not come with a USB cable for charging? You would plug one end of that cable into the remote controller and the other into iPad. I have no idea what an android cable looks like, but shoving it into an iPad may be an unwise decision.

Is your iPad connected to a wireless network? You will need it to be for initial set up of the Phantom. If nothing else, download the appropriate Phantom manual and read it, then read it again.

Reactions: DronesForHire
How do you charge your iPad? Did it not come with a USB cable for charging? You would plug one end of that cable into the remote controller and the other into iPad. I have no idea what an android cable looks like, but shoving it into an iPad may be an unwise decision.

Is your iPad connected to a wireless network? You will need it to be for initial set up of the Phantom. If nothing else, download the appropriate Phantom manual and read it, then read it again.

Thanks a million buddy, you made my day. I am so stupid. I should have thought about using the USB that came with my Ipad. I unplugged the cable which came with the drone, and used the USB that came with my Ipad and presto-bammo I can now see the camera icon appearing on my Ipad.

I assume that everything from here on in will work.

Thanks again for your suggestion, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers