Problems with camera - won't tilt up or down

Reaction score
I'm new to the quadcopter arena and bought my first one last week. I spent a couple of days after receiving the drone to go through all the manuals and anything else I could pertaining to the DJI Phantom 2 Vision. Feeling confident I took the maiden flight and it went perfectly. Flying it was easy in the "easy" mode and it took great video, everything worked as it should. The next few days were rainy so during that time I played with Phantom 2 Vision Assistant App and got to know that. I also decided to update all the firmware and software from the DJI site. So, I take it out in nice weather and notice the camera doesn't tilt using the DJI App on my Motorola Moto E phone where it had worked on the first flight. Has anyone had an experience like this? I've re-updated all the things that I updated before to the latest versions. Can anyone tell me where I should look to correct this problem?

Camera trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
• Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
• Check bluetooth be sure it is off
• Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
• Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
• Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing the issue. Check more than 3Gb
• Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
• Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app. Check to see if this works. If not try re-binding the wifi adapter.

I have updated all the firmware to the latest versions including the camera. Bluetooth off. I deleted the Vision app on the phone and re-installed it. No other tasks are running on the phone. The free space storage on the phone is about 1 Gb internally and 7 Gb on the SD card. I reduced the preview frame rate to 15 FPS. I tried the drone again and still no tilt. When I'm ready to fly I turn on the video camera and it's recording OK but when I press the up or down arrow the slider pops up on the right side of the screen and there is a red bar at the top of the slider and nothing happens. Also, I noticed that when I power up the Phantom the camera doesn't tilt up and down like it used to when I guess it's initializing.
I'll rebind the unit and give that a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers