Problems right out of the box.

Reaction score
Greetings, I'm a drone newbie and just discovered this forum while researching the problems I'm having with my new drone. Thanks in advance for any and all advice! So I just unpacked and set up my "new" Phantom 2. Don't laugh too hard - at $400, it sounded like a great and inexpensive way to get started with a semi-serious drone and get my Hero 4 airborne. Alas, fresh out of the box, after installing the gimbal (works great) and updating the firmware, I took the rig out to my driveway just to spin up the props. I pulled "down and inward" on the control sticks, as per the instructions. But alas, only two of the props, both on the right side of the drone, spun up. The other two motors appear to be getting power, but they just vibrate erratically and fail to get the props spinning. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a dud right out of the box? If the former, perhaps one of you experienced flyers can point out the error of my ways. If the latter, I'll probably just pack it up and send it back to Amazon. The battery they sent with the drone was also dead (the backup I bought works fine), so I have plenty of reasons to just return it and be done with it. Just want to make sure it's not me doing something wrong. Thanks again for any help you can provide.

R

Greetings, I'm a drone newbie and just discovered this forum while researching the problems I'm having with my new drone. Thanks in advance for any and all advice! So I just unpacked and set up my "new" Phantom 2. Don't laugh too hard - at $400, it sounded like a great and inexpensive way to get started with a semi-serious drone and get my Hero 4 airborne. Alas, fresh out of the box, after installing the gimbal (works great) and updating the firmware, I took the rig out to my driveway just to spin up the props. I pulled "down and inward" on the control sticks, as per the instructions. But alas, only two of the props, both on the right side of the drone, spun up. The other two motors appear to be getting power, but they just vibrate erratically and fail to get the props spinning. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a dud right out of the box? If the former, perhaps one of you experienced flyers can point out the error of my ways. If the latter, I'll probably just pack it up and send it back to Amazon. The battery they sent with the drone was also dead (the backup I bought works fine), so I have plenty of reasons to just return it and be done with it. Just want to make sure it's not me doing something wrong. Thanks again for any help you can provide.

R

Do not waste your time send it back. Seems what you brought was someone else problems and it sure was a new P2. Not knowing where you live i know of one authurized dealer in the States that has brand new P2 w/gimbal for $409.00 and free shipping.

Thanks Jason! It's going back. Hopefully will have better luck on the next one. Appreciate the feedback.

R,

I purchased a P2 in February from Camrise - through Amazon. Like you, thought I was doing something wrong too. Long story short, I opted to go direct to the seller. We tested some things over the phone, he acknowledged a hardware failure, sent me an RMA for free shipping. I sent it back on that Tuesday and received it back the following Monday. I asked him to test fly it once they fixed it - that way I knew all would be well (as opposed to getting another off-the-assembly-line unit with another possible hardware issue).

I did not pay a penny more than my original cost, I have a tested drone now that works great and all done in less than a week going direct to the seller.

Just an alternative to Amazon. Not sure if you will have to pay shipping to send it back or if you will be hit with a restocking charge. If the original seller is Camrise, give them a call. www.camrise.com

Best of luck to you.

Usually that occurs with a bad ESC or one of the 3 wires from the ESC to the motors is off.

I would have sent it back also.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20