Problems re linking RC and plane after crash

Reaction score
I had a long distance crash tonight where my plane went out of range of my RC. It was taken by and upper level wind that it could not fight back against. I found the plane over a mile away upside down in some marshy land. I brought the plane back home and every thing seemed to work fine except now I can't link my RC to the plane. I have the P3s. I have tried holding the gimbal to the left for two second and toggling the switch. It beeps and then I press the link button on the drone but nothing? I'm open to all ideas and help. The only warning light I'm getting is the slow yellow flash on my plane. Please help!

Did you try relinking from the DJI GO app (like this)?

How did it end up upside down? Did it hit a tree, fall from the sky, etc.?

It wAs dark and the wind got it it was setting up said down in a little water at one part.. Would that affect it

Well, I was just wondering if it crashed hard and perhaps knocked something loose inside.

Before venturing down that road though, can you confirm that you attempted linking exactly like this? From what you described in your first post above, it sounds like you did steps #1 and #2 in the reverse order. Give it another try. If it still fails, please explain exactly what happens after doing each step.

It all works correctly but the red light is solid on the RC.. The link button continues to flash red.. The plane is flashing yellow quickly.. It has been trying to link for 4 minutes

Do you hear the pulsating beep sound in step #2?

I'm guessing something is disconnected and/or loose inside of your Phantom. You could try opening it to see if anything obvious appears to be broken. If you don't want to do it yourself, then @hunch can probably help.

Hope you let it dry out for a few days before starting it if it did get water in the internals. If not you could have shorted out any of the components. Depends on your skills as to doing diagnostics after a crash and checking components. May want to get it checked out by a repair shop.

your receiver probably went on the bird. i have seen couple of them die after a crash, specially if it lands on the positioning unit because that's where the RX (receiver) is.
and reading through your post you said it won't link.
i have couple receivers available if you want to try and replace it yourself.
otherwise let me know if you want to send the bird in for a replacement of the RX.

Would any of this be covered by the factory warrant? I just bought it last week.. Do you have contact info that you can send me hunch ?

Would any of this be covered by the factory warrant?
No. The warranty does not cover damage inflicted by user error. I linked Hunch's website above.

Also, if it still registers on the gps of the app that it is in the same place as the crash would that be indicative of the possible problem that you suggest

Also, if it still registers on the gps of the app that it is in the same place as the crash would that be indicative of the possible problem that you suggest
I think you might be confusing the GPS receiver with the remote controller receiver.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4