Problems...firmware or new dji go app?

Reaction score
I have noticed that since I did the firmware upgrade and app upgrade I have been having lots of lag, and video freezing and cutting out. Before the new app and e new frimware I could fly out 2 miles on stock setup with no problems but now I'm only getting out 2000' or so and I get video freezing and cutting out. I also noticed I drift when I'm hovering at 10 feet. I have the controller version A and I did both upgrade the controller and the bird. Anybody else having those issues or anybody got a fix?

No problems here on the latest firmware with P3P, no DJI GO though as i'm on android.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonb777
No problems here on the latest firmware with P3P, no DJI GO though as i'm on android.
hi i going to update to 1.3.2 but i use andoid and i have to use dji pilot... its posible to use the update without the dji go?

hi i going to update to 1.3.2 but i use andoid and i have to use dji pilot... its posible to use the update without the dji go?
I'm using DJI Pilot with no issues at all running the 1.3.20 firmware, Nvidia Shield on lollipop 5.1

I'm using DJI Pilot with no issues at all running the 1.3.20 firmware, Nvidia Shield on lollipop 5.1
perfect only one more question ...you update the controller too? because in the update info in the file they say you only could updated by the app ....i thini could updated in the old way putin the usb reader in my rc...thatts ok?

Connected my I pad to the RC, when I turned it on I saw that the Pilot app, had been replaced with the Go app, everything worked fine, the app told me to upgrade the firmware, which went well, I was connecting my P3P to the RC to use the flight simulator, because of crap weather outside and I noticed there is no Flight Simulator on the DJI Go app, or if it is there I cannot find it.
Also I thought I would connect the P3P to the RC using my android tablet and straight away it told me that I needed firmware updates, even though I had upgraded to the latest firmware an hour before, I have the DJI Pilot app on my android device and I was wondering why DJI Pilot could not detect the latest Firmware on both my P3P and RC.

You could roll back to firmware version 1.1.9 if you think the firmware is causing the issue. At the least, it would be a good test to rule out the firmware as the cause.

Also, make sure you're running with these settings:

For Android devices: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=16777&pid=146682&fromuid=6149
For Apple devices: http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...vice-for-best-dji-pilot-app-performance.48388
Thanks, Im going to g fly here in about an hour at an island I usually fly long distance at. I followed the settings for an apple ipad mini you gave me. I usually get 2 miles distance in this place with stock set up, with no lag or cutting out. I will report back.

perfect only one more question ...you update the controller too? because in the update info in the file they say you only could updated by the app ....i thini could updated in the old way putin the usb reader in my rc...thatts ok?
Yes. I'm an Android user, too. I updated the RC the old-fashioned way, with a USB drive. Everything's perfect. The "old" app works fine with the new firmware!

Alright I just finished my flight and I flew over 2 miles in the same spot with stock gear just like I did on previous firmware. Not a single freeze or glitch until I dropped down to 100ft at 11400 feet away, so I would conclude that everything is good with the new app and firmware, that is from the one test any way. It might not be conclusive because I did do something that I did last week on the old firmware that worked great! I got a very thin ice pack, froze it and then wrapped it in a small dish/hand cloth and then placed it on top of my ipad mini 2 16gb. I store my ipad with the ice pack together under the foam lid on my dji hardshell back pack. When I get ready to fly the ipad is cold and there is a possibility that having the cold ipad with everything working good kind of makes testing the new app difficult because I remember someone saying the new app is cpu hog which I would suspect would make the ipad run hotter.?..Dunno, I guess its a possibility I cheated myself on testing.

Hello, .....is there anybody out there, ........can any body here me:p:D
I don't think anybody has a good fix on what's going on with this new GO app. Yet. I think I temporarily solve my problem by not using my android tablet (Nvidia Shield) and going back to an iOS tablet (iPad mini 3). I think the first thing to do is recalibrate your IMU, that should be done after every upgrade. Make sure that you compass calibration is correct with no errors.

I've been fine with all the very-latest firmware and the Android GO app (Samsung S5 phone). There have been many recent comments about the issues being device-specific.

And something I learned early, get a good cable between your phone/tablet and the RC. The cable that came with the P3P didn't maintain a reliable connection. So, I got a Belkin S5 cable at Best Buy. It has the special S5 USB/data male connector, which is much-more stable, physically, than the regular mini-USB plug.

my dji go app doesn't charge my flight logs since I change the firmware ..... anyone.knows in what way I can charge my flights again.... y see inside the files in the cell phone and I find the flight logs but didn't appear in my app and my account please help

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj