problems after camera ribbon replacement

Reaction score
I had a crash that damaged camera ribbon. I didn't realize that the ribbon was damaged and went for another flight. it started in the gps mode and then when i flew around for about a minute or so it went into p atti mode and it seemed to take off on its own. I panicked and tried RTH and nothing happened it flew out of sight so i put the left stick down to hopefully shut it down. After about 2 hours of searching in the fields i found the drone and it appeared not to have any damage on it. It was laying upside down in a patch of high weeds. I got back home and got looking and that is when i seen the damaged ribbon on the camera. I got a new ribbon from DJI.com and installed it. When i turned on the drone the camera moved erratically and did this for about a minute or so then stopped completely. I double checked all the connections and all were secure. When i turn on the DJI go app all the information is gone as far as the status. it also says it is disconnected. I also tried to do a compass calibration and it will not do that either. Now the camera seems completely dead as there is no status light on on the camera. I am thinking of just buying another camera from DJI but I am afraid that there is more wrong than just the camera. The Drone will fly but without GPS camera and app. Can anyone give me any suggestions on how or what to do?

Sounds like the first crash may have done more damage than just the camera ribbon. I would say call dji and see if they can help, but that's a longshot. They've never helped with anything I had go wrong, which was plenty.

And even then, they'll say to box it up and ship it to them, which will take a while, like a long while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20