Problem with the motors while starting up

Reaction score
I am a complete newbie.

I used to have propeller guards attached to the Phantom, but decided today to remove them. I used the same screws that where attaching the propeller guards, which are longer than the original screws. I think it may have damaged something.

Now the Phantom wont start properly, the propellers just keep spinning back and forth.

I have uploaded a video to show the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGpWK3VgCs

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Yup. You are right. You should have replaced the original shorter screws. Without the prop guards the longer reach inside the motors and can damage them. Replace them with the original and hope everything works again.

That is unfortunate. You will want to order a set of motors and consider as well ESCs. The ESCs may be OK but you won't know for sure till you get the new motors installed.

Big Ben said:
Yup. You are right. You should have replaced the original shorter screws. Without the prop guards the longer reach inside the motors and can damage them. Replace them with the original and hope everything works again.

So new motors is the solution you would think?

LandYachtMedia said:
For sure you need a set of motors. You may also need a set of ESCs.

Ok thanks Chris - how many ESCs? I see they have red and green - two, or two of each?

Arvidberg said:
LandYachtMedia said:
For sure you need a set of motors. You may also need a set of ESCs.

Ok thanks Chris - how many ESCs? I see they have red and green - two, or two of each?

You need to replace only motors. Replace only the ones that are not turning and make sure to use the short screws.

One ESC per motor. You'll need 2 red and 2 green if you are ordering a complete set.

You can order the motors and hope the ESCs are OK. Pop the shell apart and see if you see any blown components on the ESCs.

The safe bet is to order a full set of everything.

LandYachtMedia said:
One ESC per motor. You'll need 2 red and 2 green if you are ordering a complete set.

You can order the motors and hope the ESCs are OK. Pop the shell apart and see if you see any blown components on the ESCs.

I got 4 new motors soldered on today, but it seems like one of the red ESCs is broken as well. It keeps blinking when turned on, and spins at a lower speed than the other propellers. Didnt see any blown components, but im guessing that one is broken?

Arvidberg said:
LandYachtMedia said:

I got 4 new motors soldered on today, but it seems like one of the red ESCs is broken as well. It keeps blinking when turned on, and spins at a lower speed than the other propellers. Didnt see any blown components, but im guessing that one is broken?

Unfortunately it does. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav