Problem with phantom

Reaction score
Hi all,

i finally got some time to mod my phantom and here is what i did.

1- added prop-guards
2- modified the vision camera to be face 90 degrees down with wire and extra dampers
3- added some foam to the feet to make a bit taller
4- change the antennas on the control and the wireless extender

the problem im having at the moment is that while flying it just keeps moving and as well it keeps going to the right all the time.

i tried recalibrating the compass but no luck.

any other ideas? do i have to recalibrate the rotors? if so how?

So you are saying in GPS mode with both sticks in the center the phantom doesn't stay in roughly same location?

I'll try that tomorrow. And I'll post the results. As well I might remove the camera mod and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got time to do it.

results:

Re-calibrated the remote - nothing
""+ compass calibration - Nothing

removed all the mods -(prop guards, camera tilt) - nothing

Im thinking the compass may not be working, i had a crash just before this happened , the crash was very small so i wasn't sure if that might affected it.

Any more ideas on what could i do, the main problems is that it doesn't stay still, dont know if its the compass or the GPS unit.
another thing i noticed is that the information of distance and altitude its not correct.

I would check to see if your compass is working,
you can check it while you are connected to the DJI assistant software.

Did what the website said and it helped a bit. I noticed that it looks like one of the motors it's kind of fighting or struggling don't know how to describe it or to identify it.

Tomorrow going to put all the mods back and play with the gain and see if it helps.

Is there a way to recalibrate the motors? Or to test them?

Btw a swell checked the compass and gyro and all seems fine , as well I'm getting all the normal satellites and the going home function seems to be working doh with all the trouble I'm afraid to let it go 20m up.

ok so tried everything and i had another crash landing.

dont really know what to do , so i manage to get the phantom stop oscillating a lot with the gain changes but something worse started to happened , its started to jerk from time to time (left-down-up quickly) and t was fighting a lot. in the same flight i tried the going home function and it went more or less to home i just didnt want it to land by it self and then when i took over it went crazy and crashed landed.

I m wondering if it could be mi remote. ( i changed the antenna on the remote but i dont thing it should affect this matter.

When you start the motors, and idle for a few minutes, does one of the motors seem to "struggle" or slow down intermittently? Try the same test with a slightly elevated idle speed. When you repeat the test process, does the same motor react in a similar way, again? If so, consider faulty motor bearings or retainer.

yes actually one of the motors its always is starting late and i think is the one that is struggling for some reason.

is faulty rotor a common thing? I got it early this year so will that fit in warranty?

as far as i can tell yes, so is this a fault from the firmware update , so that means is DJI fault?

yes and if you read the thread in the link they are working on a fix.

so if you have the technical know-how I would revert back to 1.8 of the firmware.
Since I live in the area where the magnetic declination is low I haven't noticed much of a problem.
Good luck.

Mark the "struggling" motor with a tiny piece of tape, so you keep track of which one is suspect. In a quiet room, turn each prop by hand, one at a time. Listen for a different sound (usually a "grinding" or "scraping" sound) from the suspect motor. If so, you can confirm a faulty bearing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.