PROBLEM WITH PHANTOM II FPV

Reaction score
Have a Phantom II with Hero 3 and RX-LCD5802 5.8 Ghz Diversity LCD Screen Receiver/Monitor. Hadn't used the system for a number of months and when I tried today, found that I was not receiving any FPV video from the Phantom. Good telemetry from the drone, just no video. Can't find any operating instructions and definitely nothing that shows me how to pair the monitor to the Hero. Thoughts?

So you get the iosd info but no vid from the GoPro? Have you checked the connections; condition of the ribbon cables and the connections to the interference board?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have. Reseated the ribbon cable several times. Interesting, there was a very small plastic "insert" inside the USB-ish plug that is inserted into the GoPro. Tried taking it out, no luck. Put back, still nothing. I guess it could be with the ribbon itself, and I think I have a spare somewhere, but also wonder if there is an adjustment I can make to the switchology on the monitor?

I have. Reseated the ribbon cable several times. Interesting, there was a very small plastic "insert" inside the USB-ish plug that is inserted into the GoPro. Tried taking it out, no luck. Put back, still nothing. I guess it could be with the ribbon itself, and I think I have a spare somewhere, but also wonder if there is an adjustment I can make to the switchology on the monitor?

Tim which Hero3 do you have? if it's a Hero 3+ silver or black check the firmware and if it was updated to V03.00 it needs to be rolled back to v2.0. When you first on the GoPro at the bottom of the LCD screen you see the firmware but only for a second or two so you may turn off/on again. GoPro has the instructions on how to load the firmware into your camera follow those instruction to the letter.
You can get v2.0 from this site: Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

If that isn't your problem make sure both camera and monitor are on either NTSC or PAL.

When the P2 is powered up and the USB connector is plugged into the camera (camera shut off) does cameras power LED light up? If not you may a loose cable connection to the gimbal or a possible damaged gimbal ribbon that connects all the motors.

Try powering the GoPro first then Phantom. Or try powering Phantom then GoPro.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1