Problem with new RE 700 Cant connect

Reaction score
I just received a new range extender RE 700 and tried the procedure to rebind it per the instruction manual and from the video on you tube an was unsuccessful. Now I cant even connect to it from my iphone. Before when I turned it on an connected to it I would get the WiFi connection symbol on the phone. No when I try to connect I never get it but it shows up on the network list. I can still connect to my RE 500 and to the phantom 2 vision camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I was trying to do the binding, I turned everything on waited for the re700 to connect, opened the vision app, then settings, then binding, clicked on scan QR code, but kept saying QR code was invalid. Not sure what to do now. Maybe just send it back . I can still connect with my RE500 though.

Had the same exact problem yesterday when I got my RE700 in. Did you push the reset button on the side of the RE700 until the system light went out?

I also don't think that it helped that I deleted the DJI Vision app and updated my phone and iPad with the newer version either. I was trying to pair the RE700 at the same time that it was charging and actually managed to get it paired while it was still plugged into the charger, so I don't know that an overnight charge is necessary.

I deleted the app from my phone and tablet and reinstalled it after each failure, and also made sure that the pairing with my old RE500 was still working before turning it off to try again to pair the RE700.

Anyway, I followed the instructions listed in the link below repeatedly until it finally took. I scanned the code and put the MAC address in manually too.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... e_Extender

I replaced my RE500 with the RE700 on PV2 last week. Followed the directions in the manual and it worked fine. You may have to reload the Vision App. also.

Returned the RE700 yesterday, maybe it was a bad unit never could get it to bind. Tried everything, my RE500 still works fine though. Is there any other alternate wifi extender that would have a better range than the RE500?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl