Problem with my FC 40

Reaction score
I have owned my FC 40 for just over a year. I You Tubed it to discover how to calibrate it and have always flown it using the GPS. I have not used it for about 3 months but today I took it out for a flight. Problem was with each of the 4 batteries I own it went up but after about 2 minutes the lights just started flashing red and I had to retrieve it. I am willing to accept that Maybe I have a duff battery but surely not 4?? When I got home I charged each one and it took less than 10 minutes to recharge them back to full indicating that they had only been slightly discharged. Any ideas and please could someone explain how and why I need to connect it up to my computer. When I bought it I was under the impression that things would be simple!
Thanks
Martyn

First place I would start is connecting your FC40 to your computer and running the NAZA software and checking out the battery settings.

Reactions: Noddy
Thank you Beario where can I find details of plugging in and downloading relevant software?

If by any chance you did not store the batterys at the proper storage charge of about 50% charge and they sat either fully charged or close to full for 3 months then the battery's are going to be toast and will not have much mah capicity left. Same as if you store them for more then a few days with them fully drained or near fully drained hurts lipos also.

Reactions: Noddy
If by any chance you did not store the batterys at the proper storage charge of about 50% charge and they sat either fully charged or close to full for 3 months then the battery's are going to be toast and will not have much mah capicity left. Same as if you store them for more then a few days with them fully drained or near fully drained hurts lipos also.

Hey Dude where have you been. have not seen you in here until today.

Reactions: J.James
Hey Dude where have you been. have not seen you in here until today.

Ya I havnt been in the fc40 section much sence getting a p3. and also never got much flight time in on the fc40 after I got the p3 and still having a p2 as well. So I even ended up getting rid of my fc40 a few months ago I gave it to the son of one of my friends. But was stopping in to see if they was much of any thing new in the fc40 area here.

Seems like that could be the problem JJ. So you say that if I'm not using the FC40 then the batteries need to be 50% charged? Would this account for the little time it takes to show them fully charged on the supplied charger after use?
Thanks Martyn

Seems like that could be the problem JJ. So you say that if I'm not using the FC40 then the batteries need to be 50% charged? Would this account for the little time it takes to show them fully charged on the supplied charger after use?
Thanks Martyn

If they are damaged from being stored far out side of the recommended 40-60% storage charge for say a few weeks or even months they do tend to act like they are charging faster then normal and also will drain faster. Its almost like if it shrunk the batteys and trying to charge or use one thats got a lot less mah capacity in it. But I have heard that some times they can be refreshed if they are not to damaged. By charging and fully discharging them a few times in a row. can some times get some of the lost capacity back. Tho Its never seemed to work all too good for any battery's I have ever had that went toast on me.

Tho I would still try plugging the fc40 in the naza software and take a peek at your low voltage warning settings to make sure they did not some how get changed or the voltage calibration being off by a lot. But to check if the voltage calibration is right or not you will need some way to take a reading off of one of the battery's when its fully charged with a volt meter or battery tester. and enter the exact voltage in to the naza software and it will reset its self to read the voltage right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers