problem with my dji phantom 2/ mainboard diodes burned

Reaction score
Hello,
i am new here in this forum,so hello to everybody.Got a problem with my dji phantom 2:
i made a mistake during the conecting iosd mini + transmiter and everything went wrong...
burned that piece whats on picture in red circle:(
If someone can make a picture of this part on his dji phantom 2 that i can repair?cant read the marks on that burning part so dont know whats that part??
someone please help.
THANX

Attachments

• kvar2.jpg
    kvar2.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 1,479
it's a resistor, but you will probably want a new main board. they are pretty cheap ($60)

I believe I had read somewhere here that is in fact an inductor.
There are no markings on it consistent with either a diode or resistor.
It is shaped more like a capacitor with a black body.

Not looking to pick a fight but just maybe tweak someone's memory.

Definitely better off replacing the entire main board.

It's a 1uH Inductor, 0805. It supplies battery power to the CAM connector there. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28252

Before doing anything make sure that Electrolytic Capacitor there doesn't have the top bulged on it (top left, 25v 150uF) can't really tell from that pic sine it's out of focus in the shot, but if it is, then it needs replaced as well. If you have all of your wiring corrected so there's no more short, you can just clean that up and install a new Inductor, a 0ohm jumper Resistor or just a piece of wire, no reason to replace the entire PCB for that issue, and if you do, then send me the 'bad' one. ;)

Thanx....will change only the burned part not my whole motherboard(its cheaper) and i will see the result.

I am yet to do the iosd mod, but would appreciate hearing what you did so I can make sure I dont do it.
Completely understand if you dont want to reply to this.
Hope you get flying soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic