Problem With Maps in Ground Station(Ipad)

Reaction score
I have had my Phantom 2 Vision Plus v3.0 for a while now and everything works great with my android. My boss just got one and I'm trying to set up using his Ipad Mini. Everything is working fine except for maps in ground station. When connected to the Phantom wifi I don't get any map in GS. If I disconnect from the Phantom wifi I see the map just fine in the app. Any ideas? I really don't have any experience with iPhones or iPads. The iPad does have 4G so it can connect to cache maps anywhere.

That is how it works for both iOS and Android. The only exception is if the phone can connect to cell data and WiFi at the same time... which would be very rare.

To use GS you don't connect to Wifi/the Phantom first. You stay connected to cell data and go into the app. You click on camera (prior versions, before GS, would not allow this but the new app does) and then swipe to the side to bring up the map. Allow the map to cache. Then you connect to the Phantom via WiFi and the device will show the maps from the cache. You need to do it this way because, as you saw, you can't be connected to the Phantom via WiFi and cell data (to load new maps) at the same time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31