Problem with live stream on phone from drone camera

Reaction score
I got my dji phantom 2 vision this Christmas (an used one) but it is barely used. It flies just fine etc.
But i got one problem with the camera connection stream.
When i'm going out to fly i first turn on the controller, then the wifi extender and then the dji drone like in the manual.
Then i wait for the extender to tell me if it is ready and connected properly. Then i connect my Samsung Galaxy Edge with the dji app to the wifi. But most of the times i connect with my phone and open the camera screen the stream cam is either black or frozen. But if i restart the drone 2-4+ times i can get it to work nicely if I'm lucky. I tried to rebind the extender etc. once and then it worked fine for around 2-4 times before the problem came back again so I need to reboot it several times until it works. Not sure why it is like this. when the stream is frozen the rest seems to be fine, telemetry, height etc. But just not the stream. Both camera and app is updated to latest.

(Problem escalated)
I needed to rebind the drone every time i was going to use it to get video stream. It is not supposed to be like this so I tried to reload the latest firmware update because someone solved this problem this way. It was done just like it was supposed by the manual and finished and changed the name of the update file with ".bak00" behind it. The light changed to green after the update was done. But after reboot after that the light started blinking red slowly "CMOS Error as told in manual". I tried to reboot again but the CMOS error indication just continue. I cant even connect to the wifi anymore. i tried to rebind. the app says it was successful. But when i go to camera feed screen it is black and now i cant even get telemetry anymore. not even battery info. the app says it is connected to the extender but not the drone. And this is while the "CMOS error" indication is happening. I tried to locate any threads or sites about it but cant find anything. Not a way to factory reset the camera either. So how can i fix this? I don't have any payment confirmations as this was bought to me as present from someone else.

Last edited:
I got my dji phantom 2 vision this Christmas (an used one) but it is barely used. It flies just fine etc.
But i got one problem with the camera connection stream.
When i'm going out to fly i first turn on the controller, then the wifi extender and then the dji drone like in the manual.
Then i wait for the extender to tell me if it is ready and connected properly. Then i connect my Samsung Galaxy Edge with the dji app to the wifi. But most of the times i connect with my phone and open the camera screen the stream cam is either black or frozen. But if i restart the drone 2-4+ times i can get it to work nicely if I'm lucky. I tried to rebind the extender etc. once and then it worked fine for around 2-4 times before the problem came back again so I need to reboot it several times until it works. Not sure why it is like this. when the stream is frozen the rest seems to be fine, telemetry, height etc. But just not the stream. Both camera and app is updated to latest.

It might be worth deleting the app & reinstalling it.

It has helped other people in the past.

Good luck

Good luck
Seems i got it working again. Did something wrong when i tried to rebind it. I will report back if the problem still persist

Good luck
Nope. Stil happening. Frozen picture etc. It only works nicely the first reboot after the fresh binding. Then the issue reappears and i need to bind over, and over again to fix it. This mess is more bugged than my AR.drone 2.0 which never had any issues with camfeed even when i controlled it trough my computer on user made softwares...

Is everything up to date firmware wise? Check out the link;)

Phantom 2 Vision - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

I'm using iOS which I haven't had any problems with, the only thing I haven't updated is the dij vision app, there were some problems with the last update.

Is there any chance you could try another android phone/tablet? People haves tried a different device (android) which has worked.

Don't give up on this;) it will get sorted. Let's hope another android user sees this & jumps in;)

Just done a quick search for you, might help..

3/5 Updated Autopilot firmware v3.12 released | DJI Phantom Forum

Is everything up to date firmware wise? Check out the link;)

Phantom 2 Vision - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

I'm using iOS which I haven't had any problems with, the only thing I haven't updated is the dij vision app, there were some problems with the last update.

Is there any chance you could try another android phone/tablet? People haves tried a different device (android) which has worked.

Don't give up on this;) it will get sorted. Let's hope another android user sees this & jumps in;)

Just done a quick search for you, might help..

3/5 Updated Autopilot firmware v3.12 released | DJI Phantom Forum
Well i don't have any other devices to use. And everything is up to date in the camera and app.

This thread may help you out.

FC200 | DJI Phantom Forum
Going to try this. will report back if i need to rebind the drone all the time to get video stream back after doing that.

This thread may help you out.

FC200 | DJI Phantom Forum
Well i tried to reload the Firmware update (re update) and now the camera is not even working anymore (flashes something that looks like orange). when i updated it did it like the first time (it flashed like in the manual and turned green like the update was done, then renamed the firmware file with .bak). But when i rebooted it after update i could not even get telemetry etc. not even battery info from the drone. the app told me it was only connected to the extender. Even after rebinding this happened. I tried to add the firmware update back in the flash clean but it wont even try to update anymore. I have followed all procedures closely. Now the manual says i "may need factory reset" but i cant find anything on the web about how the factory reset is done. Only threads with lots of people having the same problem after an update where the drone starts flashing red/orange and that nothing works anymore. Guess it is broken now. Cant understand how a company like DJI can have so many faults. Not even my AR.drone 2.0 (which actually only use wifi for everything) had any problems like this, not even with the stream. and this cam broke after one update. Please tell me what more to do. How do i factory reset the thing?

It seems i got CMOS error after the update i did explained in the earlier post. How do i fix it? i cant find any proper places on the internet about it (all of them is about vision+). It happends whenever i boot the drone. camera is red blinking slowly. the manual says it is CMOS error. Cant connect to it on wifi. binding dont work. If i cant find a solution here i will try to visit a nearby store but i dont think they can do much as this was bought to me as present and i dont have any payment confirmations... It also did have an earlier owner but he flew with it 2 times nicely (he found out it wasn't his interest anyway and sold it cheap).

Didn't find anything much helpfull in that thread. I tried what he told solved it for him in the last message. Rebind, reinstall app. It doesn't change the fact that i stil cant get any information from the camera. I did that. still the same. Red blinking camera. what does even CMOS error mean? And how to i reflash the memory on the camera? How do i factory reset it so i can fix the software issue?

Ok now I've run out of ideas....

I'll see if these people will help you out. The of them have so much knowledge regarding the P2V
I can see you've edited your 1st post regarding the CMOS error now.

@J Dot @dirkclod @Squiddley Can you help out or point Zefnoly in the right direction, any help would be much appreciated;)

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Hey Porky, how ya been buddy....Not sure what the problem is with Zefnolys bird but maybe a hard reset of the bird will solve the problem...I did this to mine once and solved my grief...
Zefnoly I would try a hard reset on the phantom itself I had to do that once when things wouldnt work out for me I will see if I can find the youtube video on how it is done, okay I found the youtube video for it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I just made a little connecter from a piece of wire I found in an old computer I had, this will errase the firmware you have installed right now and when finished you will have to reinstall the new firmware, wow sorry your having all this grief, not 100% sure this will solve your problem but its maybe worth a shot

Hey Sqiud,

All good my end;) happy new year to ya.

Many thanks for your help on the above problem, let's hope it will sort @Zefnoly error out.

Again many thanks for jumping in buddy;)

Hey Sqiud,

All good my end;) happy new year to ya.

Many thanks for your help on the above problem, let's hope it will sort @Zefnoly error out.

Again many thanks for jumping in buddy;)
Happy New Year back at ya buddy, always glad to help out I've been in situation where I needed help and was always someone who came to my rescue...hope it helps him out

Hey Porky, how ya been buddy....Not sure what the problem is with Zefnolys bird but maybe a hard reset of the bird will solve the problem...I did this to mine once and solved my grief...
Zefnoly I would try a hard reset on the phantom itself I had to do that once when things wouldnt work out for me I will see if I can find the youtube video on how it is done, okay I found the youtube video for it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I just made a little connecter from a piece of wire I found in an old computer I had, this will errase the firmware you have installed right now and when finished you will have to reinstall the new firmware, wow sorry your having all this grief, not 100% sure this will solve your problem but its maybe worth a shot
Sorry but i don't have access to any cables right now and don't want to mess inside the drone. The drone is flying just fine, it's the camera that is having problems not the firmware on the drone. And i think those are separated. and it appeared after i tried to update the camera and not the drone. I have even plugged my drone into my computer with USB wire and updated everything on the drone mainboard etc. and nothing is wrong there so i don't think this will fix the camera. Please find a different way. I don't want to mess even more with the drone. Also this video is for the vision+ and i got vision only and not+

It might not be a CMOS error your getting it might be a camera firmware error. Both errors will flash red on the camera, one faster than the other.

What i would do again is a clean install of the FC200 firmware. Format the SD card so it's clean then download & unzip the file, place it in the root directory on the SD card. Also do me a favour make sure the camera cable is pushed as far as it will go into the back of the camera, sometimes they are not fitted correctly.

The below is the latest firmware version spec for our camera.

DJI FC200 Camera V1.1.9 2014-01-20

Also check the below release notes from DJI before installing the firmware again.;)

Major New Features:
Thank you for your patience !
The latest camera firmware v1.1.9 now supports Adobe DNG RAW format capturing. It also records the GPS location and relative attitude in the metadata of the Adobe DNG RAW file. DJI will keep working hard on improving the quality of the RAW file and providing the best aerial photography solution to our customers. Thank you for your constant support !
Update Procedures:
Follow the below instructions to update your firmware.
a) Download the latest camera firmware and unzip it.
b) Get a clean Micro-SD card (less than or equals to 32GB), and copy the °∞firmware.bin°± file to the root folder of the Micro-SD card.
c) Make sure the camera is turned off, and insert the Micro-SD card into the camera before turning it on.
d) Turn on the camera.
e) The firmware update will begin automatically. A yellow flashing LED on the camera indicates that the camera is updating.
f) When the yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the °∞firmware.bin°± file°Øs name will change to °∞firmware.bin.bak00°±. This file on the card can now be deleted.
Special Notes:
a) During the update, do not turn off the camera or take out the Micro-SD card. This may prevent your camera from switching on and will need a factory reset.
b) A fast red flashing LED on the camera after the update means the update has failed. Please try again.
c) You need to use the latest DJI Vision App (iOS App: v1.0.32; Android App: v1.0.38).

Last edited:
It might not be a CMOS error your getting it might be a camera firmware error. Both errors will flash red on the camera, one faster than the other.

What i would do again is a clean install of the FC200 firmware. Format the SD card so it's clean then download & unzip the file, place it in the root directory on the SD card. Also do me a favour make sure the camera cable is pushed as far as it will go into the back of the camera, sometimes they are not fitted correctly.

The below is the latest firmware version spec for our camera.

DJI FC200 Camera V1.1.9 2014-01-20

Also check the below release notes from DJI before installing the firmware again.;)

Major New Features:
Thank you for your patience !
The latest camera firmware v1.1.9 now supports Adobe DNG RAW format capturing. It also records the GPS location and relative attitude in the metadata of the Adobe DNG RAW file. DJI will keep working hard on improving the quality of the RAW file and providing the best aerial photography solution to our customers. Thank you for your constant support !
Update Procedures:
Follow the below instructions to update your firmware.
a) Download the latest camera firmware and unzip it.
b) Get a clean Micro-SD card (less than or equals to 32GB), and copy the °∞firmware.bin°± file to the root folder of the Micro-SD card.
c) Make sure the camera is turned off, and insert the Micro-SD card into the camera before turning it on.
d) Turn on the camera.
e) The firmware update will begin automatically. A yellow flashing LED on the camera indicates that the camera is updating.
f) When the yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the °∞firmware.bin°± file°Øs name will change to °∞firmware.bin.bak00°±. This file on the card can now be deleted.
Special Notes:
a) During the update, do not turn off the camera or take out the Micro-SD card. This may prevent your camera from switching on and will need a factory reset.
b) A fast red flashing LED on the camera after the update means the update has failed. Please try again.
c) You need to use the latest DJI Vision App (iOS App: v1.0.32; Android App: v1.0.38).
Going to try formatting it and see if that will help. Yes the connector should be properly inserted. Going to report back if it still cant update. I thank you for your help so far

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31