Problem with firmware on my p3 pro won't take

Reaction score
Hey im new to phantom 3 pro was given one in great shape from a friend who doesnt use it and was sick of firmware updates. I had to update the firmware went well with the coptor no problems but when trying to update the controller ut didnt take the update . Trued sd card tried from the coptor with usb cable . Also brought it to a supposed dji certified repair shop in town they couldnt get it to take either . Im wondering if i buy another controller would that be my easiest way out and will need anything else to link the new xontroller with my coptor. Thanks for any help at wits end .

The RC is updated though the app, not via SD card since about 3 releases back I believe.

Reactions: Oso
The RC is updated though the app, not via SD card since about 3 releases back I believe.
Actually the SD card method for RC updating hasn't been correct since Q3 2015, so about 7 or 8 FW versions back! Time flies, eh?

Hey im new to phantom 3 pro was given one in great shape from a friend who doesnt use it and was sick of firmware updates. I had to update the firmware went well with the coptor no problems but when trying to update the controller ut didnt take the update . Trued sd card tried from the coptor with usb cable . Also brought it to a supposed dji certified repair shop in town they couldnt get it to take either . Im wondering if i buy another controller would that be my easiest way out and will need anything else to link the new xontroller with my coptor. Thanks for any help at wits end .
Welcome to the forum!

As noted, using an SD card to update the RC is no longer the correct method unless you have RC FW that is about 3 year old. It's remarkable that a DJI certified repair shop did not know the correct method.

The most often referenced FW update steps are located here.

If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers!

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Hmm... If this "Certified repair shop" didn't know that the controller firmware is done through the app... then, mabey they aren't the ones to take a drone to for repairs...

Reactions: Oso
Welcome to the forum!

As noted, using an SD card to update the RC is no longer the correct method unless you have RC FW that is about 3 year old. It's remarkable that a DJI certified repair shop did not know the correct method.

The most often referenced FW update steps are located here.

If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers!
Actually the SD card method for RC updating hasn't been correct since Q3 2015, so about 7 or 8 FW versions back! Time flies, eh?
I only found one video on youtube about it thats why i tried it . My other question the controller only work with apple products i have samsung note 8 and it wont connect to it With dji go app. Thats why i tried the sdcard. Thinking of getting a used ipad mini for just the drone.

Blinking red and green on remote will not connect dji go app on ipad wont cknnect totally to copter i could move camera a little but that was iteft joystick . Not sure if i should get a new controller. Did get ipad mini doesnt seem to link with it

My GL300A RC came to me with FW 1.2.6 & required SD card update with 1.3.20 thru the RC then 1.9.3 was thru the App DJI Go 3.1.50

so this then enabled me to link/bind my remote with 1.9.3 to the AC with FW 1.11.20

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1