Problem with 1.8. FW update

Reaction score
Hi guys, I tried to upade my P3, but when I put SD card into my PS3 there si no sound, just blinking. I was waiting for 3-4 minute and repeat the process 3 time and it is always the same. Does anybody know what should I do or where is the problem? I didn't fly with my P3 for about 5-6 months, and file that I put i .bin file put with VLC icon. What do you think? Thnak you!

when I put SD card into my PS3 there si no sound, just blinking
Do you have a Phantom 3 Standard? If so, you can only update the firmware from the DJI GO app. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the Internet, your Phantom, and remote controller. If you don't see the firmware update message at the top of DJI GO, then try reinstalling the latest version of DJI GO.

No, I have Phantom 3 Professional
Do you have a Phantom 3 Standard? If so, you can only update the firmware from the DJI GO app. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the Internet, your Phantom, and remote controller. If you don't see the firmware update message at the top of DJI GO, then try reinstalling the latest version of DJI GO.

takes longer than 3-4 min, wait for the light to go red, then green is finished.

takes longer than 3-4 min, wait for the light to go red, then green is finished.
Without the sound? It doesn't go D-D-D-D. If I remeber first time when I updated sound was here after few second when I turned P3. Don't know is it possible that he was updateing him self without the sound.

Once you switch on AC with the latest bin file on SF card it should start beeping and led on gimbal will blink red green.

Did you format your SF card before copying bin file on it? Formatting is not needed but advisable.

If it's not beeping, do you see a txt file newly generated on your SF card. What does it say?

Sound like the unzip did not work properly and you have a corrupt .bin file.
VLC is a video program so if you are seeing that you don't have a good .bin file.
Download the .zip again and unzip to your PC
Delete everything from your SD card and then copy the .bin from PC to SD card.
Try the install again.

Finally! I downloaded firmware again and everything went good. I guess that problem was in incorrect .zip file

Result: Success.
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Thank you guys a lot!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20