Problem Upgrade DJI Phantom with T-motor MN2214-KV920

Reaction score
Need some help , i installed new motors on my DJI Phantom with T-motor MN2214-KV920.
All works fine but the phantom don`t take off :( any one hae the same issue??

motors work fine , blades are in the good direction etc,. no idea whats wrong.

You might have the props on the right way, but are the motors turning in the right direction?? :D

If you wire the T-motors in with two of them connected with the same wires "crossed" as the stock motors, they will all be running backwards and your poor Phantom will be securely pinned to the ground. Not good.

bumper

Thx for the reaction.

i solderd the wires exacly like how the phantom motors were placed, the blades are good installed.
is there any manual of t-motor how to install the motors? can`t find anything.

The motors are a "3-phase AC motor, wired in a delta configuration". (Google that)

Swapping ANY two wires from the motor around on the ESC will change the rotation direction.

Thx for the replay Driffill i`ll try to turn some wires.

when the dji phantom is open can i put on the power without the blades to check how the motors are turning?

I got a new problem every time i start the motors they rotate every time in a different direction(rotation) left or right all four of the motors any one have this also?

Adriaan said:
I got a new problem every time i start the motors they rotate every time in a different direction(rotation) left or right all four of the motors any one have this also?

I have no idea how that is possible, the only way you can change rotation is by the way you wired the motors. If they are switching from CW to CCW themselves then there is something pretty majorly screwed up with the install sorry to say.

When installing you can use the stock motors as a guide but when you install them you should turn on the phantom and check each motors rotation direction and ensure they are going the correct way. If any motor is going the wrong direction simply change any 2 of the 3 wires and you will switch rotation, also then make sure you put the shell on correctly. Make sure the 2 imprints join up with the lower shell if you dont have the stickers on them, if you put the shell on the wrong way the rotation indicators will most likely all be wrong.

I found the problem of wrong rotating of the motors its my eyes!!! i have noticed if you feel lightly on a rotating motor you can feel the direction it goes. sorry and thx for the reply guys!

It's also fairly easy to see direction of rotation as the motor slows to a stop, or you can simply feel which way the prop is blowing air. But as I said in first response, T-motors, if you insure the unmarked wires out flat, are wired to run in the opposite direction of the stock motors. (i.e. if the stock motor being replaced has red and yellow "crossed", the T-motor will connect with wires in order - and visa versa.)

You will need to swap any two wires on each of your motor connections, assuming they are all running backwards!

bumper

Adriaan said:
I found the problem of wrong rotating of the motors its my eyes!!! i have noticed if you feel lightly on a rotating motor you can feel the direction it goes. sorry and thx for the reply guys!

Thats the method I used for checking rotation, then simply check this against the rotation directions on the shell to make sure its all good. Anyone doing a motor change should always try and ensure the rotation of each prop is correct before putting props on it and also ensure that your shell is on correctly. If you have just one motor out it will crash pretty hard and so may damage one of the new motors on your first test flight.

The new v4.0 firmware has a motor test function within NAZA assistant, it lets you spin up any motor and this will easily show rotation as it only spins a single rotation or so then slows down. This will be another easy way to make sure they are all going the correct way, it can also be done with props on as its not even up to idle speed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers