Problem Updating P3A Firmware TO 1.3.20 - New File Won't Take

Reaction score
I've searched this forum for issues related to P3A firmware updates (to 1.3.20) before posting this, to no avail.

So I recently purchased a used P3A from an authorized dealer. Actually flew a couple times before getting the 'update required' prompt on the DJI GO App.

Double-checked to ensure that my DJI Go app is updated. Downloaded and updated the transmitter/controller with the 1.3.2.00 version, no problem.

When I tried updating the bird - didn't work. Downloaded the 1.3.20 [.bin] file from the www.dji.com website a few different times (to a couple different SD cards). Tried a couple different times (different SD cards, couple different fully-charged batteries) with no luck.

Still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or why the new version is not installing/taking on the bird at all.

Any suggestions? Comments?
Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
What do you see in the log that is created on your memory card after attempting to install the firmware on your Phantom?

If you don't see a log file on your memory card, then your Phantom did not attempt to install the firmware. That usually means you missed a step in the installation process. Give it another try by following these instructions exactly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20