Problem SD card+battery

Reaction score
Hello people. My name is Mislav.I'm new here, i just bought my first DJI Phantom 3 Standard two days ago. I’ve met them so far, but I’ve never had my own. At first everything looked great, the drone was used but there is not the slightest dash on it. To get to the point, I got 4 batteries with it, 3 of which do not give light signals or charge at all. And of the three sd cards I tried to put in the drone none read. I have SanDisk 1G and Verbatim Premium microsdxc 64GB.
I would be grateful for your help.

got 4 batteries with it, 3 of which do not give light signals or charge at all
Probably got damaged due to overdischarge. You may try leaving them over night - there is slight chance they're a step before Permanent Fail. But most likely they did hit Permanent Fail.

PF is a state which the battery goes into if any of its work parameters go beyond sane range.

For more info, read the linked message, and next one I wrote:

And of the three sd cards I tried to put in the drone none read.
What are the exact symptoms? Do you see video on mobile device?
If you do, this is most likely an issue with damaged SD-card slot. Though it might just have dirty contacts.

Reactions: Mislav
Welcome and bummer,,if batterys left untouched they drop bad in voltage past the point the dji charger wont start them up,,,below 3 or 2 volt they are toast,,you can check voltage with multimeter,,,good thing the p3 range of battery is pretty affordable compared to p4 ones around 320,well that's how much they are in NZ,,check on Ebay or similar for good cheap deals or you might be able to get new one or 2 for ok price,,
Yeh sd card the drone loads photos and vids to ,,the drone cant really read it unlike the advance or pro where updates are loaded to card for the drone to read,,try only use good quality sd card with fast reading speed

Probably got damaged due to overdischarge. You may try leaving them over night - there is slight chance they're a step before Permanent Fail. But most likely they did hit Permanent Fail.

PF is a state which the battery goes into if any of its work parameters go beyond sane range.

For more info, read the linked message, and next one I wrote:

What are the exact symptoms? Do you see video on mobile device?
If you do, this is most likely an issue with damaged SD-card slot. Though it might just have dirty contacts.
I don't know where it was damaged, but the guy from whom I bought the drone said that he didn't use the batteries for a long time, because the battery doesn't show any signs at all. Is it possible to repair such batteries or maybe you know someone who deals with it.
I don't know what to do with the card, because I bought a brand new 64gb sd card.
Is it possible for the drone to read only SanDisk and Sony cards.

Welcome and bummer,,if batterys left untouched they drop bad in voltage past the point the dji charger wont start them up,,,below 3 or 2 volt they are toast,,you can check voltage with multimeter,,,good thing the p3 range of battery is pretty affordable compared to p4 ones around 320,well that's how much they are in NZ,,check on Ebay or similar for good cheap deals or you might be able to get new one or 2 for ok price,,
Yeh sd card the drone loads photos and vids to ,,the drone cant really read it unlike the advance or pro where updates are loaded to card for the drone to read,,try only use good quality sd card with fast reading speed
I know that the least problem is to buy a new battery, but I think or hope that there is a possibility that these three will come to life.
Because after all, that battery is not very cheap, for some it is, for some it is not.
And regarding the sd card, when I connect the drone to my cell phone I see a picture and it works, but I can't take pictures or record, I just have a current display on my cell phone.

Yeh sd card is good ,sandisk very popular, I use it myself,and aree batterys not cheap if $$ are tight.
Ok is you button onscreen to take pictures greyed out? Or does it give sound when press ,,sometimes delete and reinstall djigo can bring it ok,,try what this advise to do,hopefully this will work for you..some recommend fixes dont fix every drone for some reason so sometimes bit of investigation is needed but try these
Screenshot_20210502-211442_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Capt KO and Mislav
Yeh sd card is good ,sandisk very popular, I use it myself,and aree batterys not cheap if $$ are tight.
Ok is you button onscreen to take pictures greyed out? Or does it give sound when press ,,sometimes delete and reinstall djigo can bring it ok,,try what this advise to do,hopefully this will work for you..some recommend fixes dont fix every drone for some reason so sometimes bit of investigation is needed but try theseView attachment 121975
Thanks for your replay.
I will try to do that.
Yes my button on screen is grey an in the corner said invalid sd card.

Ok is you button onscreen to take pictures greyed out? Or does it give sound when press ,,sometimes delete and reinstall djigo can bring it ok,,try what this advise to do,hopefully this will work for you..some recommend fixes dont fix every drone for some reason so sometimes bit of investigation is needed but try theseView attachment 121975
Thanks for your replay.
I will try to do that.
Jes my button on screen i grey and in the corner said invalid sd card.
Screenshot_20210501_192952_dji.pilot.jpg

Are you able to enter cam settings,,did you try the format sd card through here,I just ask cause you not mention,,,also try take sd card out turn on drone,this will make gimble flash red which indicates not sd card then put sd card in,it should go green,,does that happen with any change
Screenshot_20210502-215840_Chrome.jpg

I tried to format the card via mobile phone while the drone is on and throws out an error saying it cannot be formatted. Maybe it's really up to the card.

Mayby try blow sd card slot out with some air,its either dirty or has fault if multiple sd cards tryed,,I search around yesterday too but could only find card reader fault but unsure if that's the fault without having another to try,,and if it is this doin that,,not sure how to test this part

This what board look like inside..just for the record,,no real way to test unless you have another
Screenshot_20210504-093637_Google.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4