Problem receiving video on iPad Mini 2 today...

Reaction score
Today I went to our local flying field. The temperature was at least 91F and sunny. For some unknown reason I was not able to get a reliable video display on my iPad Mini 2! The video was choppy, cut up, and seemed to have a lot of latency? Once in a while it worked fine.

The HD icon on the DJI Pilot App however was full strength. Could the iPad Mini 2 been overheating from the high temp and sun? It was hot.

Later on this evening it worked fine again at home.......strange? Went up to 400'.

Anyone have any idea what could have been the problem? It didn't matter how far away I was - had the problem right away.

Thank you, Michael

Def heat. My iPad cut out completely this afternoon in the same temps. I had no shade. The screen said "The iPad needs to cool down before you can use it".

Reactions: Buckaye
I had the same issue a few days ago but heat wasn't the problem. After much frustration and experimenting I went into the Image Transmission Settings and manually picked the best channel also lowered the transfer rate to "four" I believe it is. That really seemed to help.

Still having this issue guys! Been going on for 2 weeks! Can't even use FPV with my iPad Mini 2.
Airplane mode on, Hardware Decode On, Cache disabled, App Refresh off, Low bit rate, updated firmware, updated iOS, what can I do?!!! I even wiped my iPad clean. If someone can help I would be so happy!

Is everyone else having no problems with iPad Mini 2 video transmission? I'd really love to hear if there are any problems for other people. Thanks guys!

I had the problem again last week at one point. The iPad Mini 2 display said that the transmission was lost or something like that. The sat indicator was empty but I still had full control and when I played back the flight from the P3 it never showed any problems at all! The entire flight was shown when I played it back.... Very strange.....

I had the problem again last week at one point. The iPad Mini 2 display said that the transmission was lost or something like that. The sat indicator was empty but I still had full control and when I played back the flight from the P3 it never showed any problems at all! The entire flight was shown when I played it back.... Very strange.....
Hmmm... My video is fine too when I play it back. Just can't tell what I'm filming in real-time cuz its 4 seconds behind! Normally your video on the iPad Mini 2 is fine though? No significant lag or black out or sketchiness?

Nick,

The only time I ever really had lagging or blackout live video was when I was at the local flying field in 90+F degree weather with the sun beating down. My iPad was terrible and I think that was because of the heat. Apple says it's operating range is to 95F and with the sun it was well over that.

The playback I was talking about was thru the DJI Go App when it plays back the route that was taken...

Michael

Nick,

The only time I ever really had lagging or blackout live video was when I was at the local flying field in 90+F degree weather with the sun beating down. My iPad was terrible and I think that was because of the heat. Apple says it's operating range is to 95F and with the sun it was well over that.

The playback I was talking about was thru the DJI Go App when it plays back the route that was taken...

Michael
Thanks so much for the reply. Still trying to get on top of this! I do live in Grenada currently and it's always 90+ degrees here :S Plus high humidity. But the lagging starts at take off and doesn't quit the whole time. I mean 2 to 4 seconds constantly. It's night time here and it's 84F. Still at this temperature and just sitting next to the P3 in the house and it's lagging. Hmmm... Have to try to cool the ipad down and then try again. Fridge?

I don't know if I would put it in the fridge! Do you have anything else running in the background or perhaps are you using some other app to record the screen? I know that slowed mine down and I stopped using it.

I don't know if I would put it in the fridge! Do you have anything else running in the background or perhaps are you using some other app to record the screen? I know that slowed mine down and I stopped using it.
It says it's good to 0C haha. All apps shut down. No other apps even on the device. No screen record. I've even restarted the ipad before flights. Have no idea what else to do at this point. Maybe return the ipad if I can confirm that other iPad Mini 2 users aren't having any problems.

I am not an expert with the iPad Mini 2. How much memory is in yours.....mine has the larger amount but I don't think that would make a difference? I wonder if there are any performance APPS you can download to see if it is working right....just a thought?
Time for me to hang it up for the night...good luck.....keep me up to date with what's going on.

Today I went to our local flying field. The temperature was at least 91F and sunny. For some unknown reason I was not able to get a reliable video display on my iPad Mini 2! The video was choppy, cut up, and seemed to have a lot of latency? Once in a while it worked fine.

The HD icon on the DJI Pilot App however was full strength. Could the iPad Mini 2 been overheating from the high temp and sun? It was hot.

Later on this evening it worked fine again at home.......strange? Went up to 400'.

Anyone have any idea what could have been the problem? It didn't matter how far away I was - had the problem right away.

Thank you, Michael

I experienced the same issues today flying my project site in Maryland, the I-pad mini screen was going almost completely gray and took at least 5 to 7 seconds for the screen to stabilize at which point it the machine was well past that point. This made for taking accurate photos next to impossible.

I was also experiencing black and white zebra stripes in the sky and white objects. The white balance was set for sunny and I was running a #4 ND filter. I'm new to the Phantom 3, but never experienced this situation w/ my Ph2 and GoPro 3+.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I experienced the same issues today flying my project site in Maryland, the I-pad mini screen was going almost completely gray and took at least 5 to 7 seconds for the screen to stabilize at which point it the machine was well past that point. This made for taking accurate photos next to impossible.

I was also experiencing black and white zebra stripes in the sky and white objects. The white balance was set for sunny and I was running a #4 ND filter. I'm new to the Phantom 3, but never experienced this situation w/ my Ph2 and GoPro 3+.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mine is also doing the same thing.... Video is choppy and taking a long time to update even right in front or above me. The screen also goes grey at times. I too have a Apple Mini iPad 2 with the latest version of 9 firmware.

DJI please fix this issue ASAP!

Michael

I bought ipad mini (A1455) for this purpose (second hand) but I see I have a problem about transmission of video. (not on recorded file) Always video not real time, 2-3 seconds behind. I have lines, small freezing at my screen. ( I tried with iphone 6, ipad air; I did'nt see any problem !!

i fixed the problem on my ipad mini 2 by erasing the iPad (using apple restore in iTunes) then re installing the dji app. I think that the gopro app that i had installed so i could controll my gopro 4 remotely was what was causing the problem with the dji app. everything works fine now---I have not re installed the go pro app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers