Problem P3 adv

Reaction score
Hi! i just bought a p3 and i was testing it, i tried to turn on its engines without linking the controller to a mobile device (i've just ordered it on a website) but i couldn't do it.. Is the linkage of a mobile device strictly necessary?

You need to setup your Phantom in the DJI GO app. After that point, you can fly it without a mobile device. It's not a good idea though.

Yes because you have to activate the phantom on the dji website ,if you not yet signed up on dji website I would do it now then when you get your mobile device you can just log in and activate your bird

Yes because you have to activate the phantom on the dji website ,if you not yet signed up on dji website I would do it now then when you get your movie device you can just log in and activate your bird
can you give me the right link through which i can activate it?

You must activate it from the DJI GO app.

This should be posted in the help section!..

Also, it's not a "P3 adv problem" - it's a "user problem"

... if you are struggling so far I don't fancy the odds of you keeping your P3 long!

Just saying...

Anybody want to bet we get a RTFM any time now!
It's actually not in TFM. DJI vaguely mentions this in the Phantom Quick Start Guide, but it does not specifically explain that the Phantom needs to be registered within the DJI GO app before the first flight. It's a valid question. All of you experts need to relax ;)

I am definitely no expert, I have just seen too many people get the RTFM every time a question is asked. I'm not afraid to fly, I'm afraid to ask a question!!

RTFM isn't a helpful answer though. IMO, it's best to just not respond to a post if that's the only advice that can be offered.

RTFM isn't a helpful answer though. IMO, it's best to just not respond to a post if that's the only advice that can be offered.
I know, I understand, I don't agree.

I pre-ordere my P3 in late April. Received it in late may. While waiting I downloaded ALL the P3 manuals (user's, battery's quick start's). I read them three or four times. I watched lots of youtube videos and tutorials, and read a number of reviews. I knew what an IMU was far before flying my bird. I knew how to compass calibrate it before opening the package. I knew what a CSC was before trying to lift it off.

I don't think I am special, I just love my (expensive) hobby, I am fully aware that there's more than just pushing sticks, and I want to be safe when flying... which means being as much prepared and informed BEFORE lifting off.
That said, there is nothing wrong asking questions in the forum, but reading certain type of questions give me the feeling that a number of birds will be flying with very little consciousness of the related risks.

Tommaso's one might not be one of those.

Reactions: pchin2

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20