Problem linking the remote NDJ6 to P2 Vision+

Reaction score
Hi, I finally got straightened out and got my P2 in the air with no incidents! Now a new problem. My remote model NPVT581 got ruined by one of my careless kids! So ok, I go on Ebay looking for the same model. Couldn't find a NPVT581, but saw some PVT581's. I wanted the updated version with the lipo battery and gimble control. I found after researching a little model NDJ6 Looks exactly the same, lipo battery etc. So charge it up and followed instructions for linking the new control to the P2. Powered up the Phantom, waited a little, saw the small led flashing red, pushed it in, it started blinking yellow as indicated. Turn on the remote and it's still blinking yellow, not binding. I looked at some forum threads and see that people that have done the software update/upgrade via the remote phantom assistant have found that even with a solid green, and 4 green leds, full charge, when they power it down and back on get a solid yellow light. I am stuck between a rock and hard place. Whats my solution? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

What exact P2 version do you have?

The variants are:
P2 (non vision, sold without camera) is 2.4Ghz controls and preferably 5.8Ghz FPV system
P2 Vision series (sold with camera) is 5.8Ghz controls and preferably 2.4Ghz FPV system.

Judging by your remote, I think you have a Vision series 5.8Ghz system.
The NDJ6 is 2.4Ghz and will not bind.

What exact P2 version do you have?

The variants are:
P2 (non vision, sold without camera) is 2.4Ghz controls and preferably 5.8Ghz FPV system
P2 Vision series (sold with camera) is 5.8Ghz controls and preferably 2.4Ghz FPV system.

Judging by your remote, I think you have a Vision series 5.8Ghz system.
The NDJ6 is 2.4Ghz and will not bind.
After going nuts for a couple hours, I see that they are on 2 different freqs. 2.4 and 5.8 Nothing mentioned by the seller on Ebay. My original wa a NVPT581 and yes a P2V3+

I am planing to buy a P2V+ V3 and I know this is a crazy question BUT is there any version of P2V+ V3 that will work with the NDJ6???

The NDJ6 shows Working Frequency 2.4 on the back label BUT THE OWNER is saying that he flew with it in this combination. I suspect a lie, ... but wanted to ask also. I know that vision works (the TX-RX) on 5.8 and the FPV / Phone link is 2.4

Any input would help. Thanks

In short - yes.
You can get it working but you need to change the receiver daughter board on the P2V+ to a 2.4ghz. I wouldn't do it as it will however interfere with the 2.4ghz FPV.

Get the proper 5.8Ghz Vision + V3 controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers