Problem controlling the gimbal

Reaction score
Hi

I bought the P" with the gimbal a few weeks ago and I really like it!

There is however one problem that is starting to get to my nervers, I can't fully control the gimbal. As soon as I tuch the stick on the back of the controller the gimbal starts to go "all over the place", and usually not to where I want it to be. Sometimes when I'm lucky it gets to a "good place" and then I try not to tuch the stick.

I tried to calibrate the control using DJIs RC software, but no luck... Using the software I did however see that the RC is sending out strange signals and therefore I think the problem resides in the controller rather than in the gimbal itself...

I've attached a video to illustrate the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly00a8r ... e=youtu.be

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Best Regards
Marcus

never seen that before, i am assuming this is a phantom 2 and not the vision? I would make sure that the gain for the pitch is 0. and recalibrate the full travel of the lever ad see if its still does the same thing. if not i would suspect an issue with the potentiometer on the board. in which case I sound install a 5K pot mod or replace the pot on the board.

Yes you need to calibrate that lever in asistant software. Note when do cal, press start then SLOWLY move lever back & forth full travel a couple of times then press finish.

It's unfortunate to say this, but try updating and calibrating it using a windows PC, not an Apple PC . I've seen many failures with using iOS there's just something missing. When friends moved to a a windows machine, all their issues disappeared.

Just a suggestion , try it, if it works, then it's up to Dji to fix this issue, they've all written to them a few times.

Cheers.

That's probably because of the latest RC firmware 1.0.1.12. I have the same issue after updating. The previous version 1.0.1.11 was fine. Not sure why the new one make it worse. Any solution?

Thats exactly what happened to me also, and it has never come back to normal, no matter what I try. Is there a way where you can downgrade the remote firmware back to 1.01.11 instead of 1.01.12?

I am sure this will fix the issue, because because it was working flawlessly, and very smooth video.

Thanks.

I had this.

Just calibrate the controller in the RC assistant first and then calibrate the controller in the Phantom assistant. BTW I also use the MAC software without issue.

This same issue has happened to me.

Trying to fix it with firmware upgrades in rc controller has resulted in gimbal becoming totally inoperative THEN rc controller going dead. Overall, a bad situation.

I tried using Assistants on both Mac and PC. Mac is my preferred because my PC is such a old dog.

Presently all my gear is on its way back to DJI North America for eval. They say it could take up to three weeks to resolve.

I'll keep this thread posted with updates.

Hi Clyde!

Quick update from my side.

I tried everything that I found on this forum/youtube/tips from the dealer but nothing helped. I was asked to send the drone to Hong Kong for repairs, but was also told that it could take several weeks before it would be ready...

Instead I got some help from a friend who is very experienced in building/repairing various types of electronic equipment and he could easily establish that the potentiometer was broken. We replaced it with a simple potentiometer form "Kjell o Company" (Swedish equivalent to "Radioshack") and it now works perfectly! Actually, it works much better than the original control ever did.

Best Regards
Marcus

Reactions: SFXD
I have experienced the same problem and post here myself asking for help. Turns out I resolve the problem by using the following method:

To calibrate X1, you have to follow VERY STRICTLY the steps recommended by DJI:

1. Calibrate the stick in the RC Assistant (note that X1 cannot be calibrated in RC Assistant);
2. Calibrate X1 through Phantom Assistant.

If you do step 2 first, you will have no control on X1 no matter how many times you repeat Step 1 or Step 2.

The ONLY solution is to "upgrade" or "downgrade" P2 and then perform Step 1 and Step 2 again in that order.

I lost my X1 control and resolve it by using the above method. Hope this is helpful.
Raptor

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20