Pro surveyors....Map produced from photogrammetry ?

Reaction score
What use does a professional surveyor have for a map created using photogrammetry for example using maps made easy?
As far as elevation data, I believe there is alot of LIDAR available from the counties that is pretty accurate already.
There is the measuring tools that is pretty nice like the stockpile measuring abilitybut I think you can measure stockpile with cell phone now also.
I think one advantage of using a drone to map an area is how fast you can create a high res map (image acquisition, data processing).
What do all you professional surveyors think?

Online Lidar data is a bit like google earth maps, good enough at the time, but how old is it and what's changed since it was collected. And not much publicly available Lidar data is going to have the 1-4 cm resolution that you can get from a MME or DD map. No licensed surveyor is going to sign off on Lidar or photogrammetry data unless he has personally validated it or knows the process used.

According to this National LiDAR Dataset article, approximately 30 states have some sort of effort to create a statewide scan, and only 9 of those are "complete". It may be different in the east, but it is rare to have LiDAR available for use in the western states that I've worked.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik