Pro Phantom Pilot !!

Reaction score
I thought I could fly pretty nice, but after this movie I know I still have to practice some time :lol:
http://youtu.be/CDYj3f6LBkY
Yes yes, I know it is a older movie ;)
(I just want to share it with the people who not know it)

Actually several parts of that video I would call dangerous use of your quad and something you should avoid. Ever hear the old story "There are no old, bold pilots." You will not crash with your plane, but could mess up an expensive quad.

Eh... I think the only really "dangerous use" parts are the flying over crowds. And I really only saw 2, maybe 3 shots of that. The rest, if you look closely, he framed the shot to make it look like it was flying in a crowd when it really wasn't (like, say, the rollercoaster shot... the Phantom was actually over the "inside" of the track where no one is going to be). So, in fact, he was practicing relatively safe flying for the kinds of shots he was getting. My hat goes off to him.

I might be somewhat uncomfortable with the fact that he was flying solely on FPV... but I have to reserve judgement because, a) I don't know how far out he was going, and b) have no idea whether he had a spotter or not.

ProfessorStein said:
Eh... I think the only really "dangerous use" parts are the flying over crowds. And I really only saw 2, maybe 3 shots of that. The rest, if you look closely, he framed the shot to make it look like it was flying in a crowd when it really wasn't (like, say, the rollercoaster shot... the Phantom was actually over the "inside" of the track where no one is going to be). So, in fact, he was practicing relatively safe flying for the kinds of shots he was getting. My hat goes off to him.

I might be somewhat uncomfortable with the fact that he was flying solely on FPV... but I have to reserve judgement because, a) I don't know how far out he was going, and b) have no idea whether he had a spotter or not.

First I agree with your sentiment.

But to add... it's based on the assumption that loss of control means a straight drop down thus it's safe(er)???

There's always a chance it will veer off in some other direction as well as dropping, No?

That is my fear anyways.

N017RW said:
But to add... it's based on the assumption that loss of control means a straight drop down thus it's safe(er)???

There's always a chance it will veer off in some other direction as well as dropping, No?

That is entirely true, yes. Good point.

I guess my feeling is that a drop straight down, or relatively so, is going to be the most common result of failure and the one that we should be most concerned about when scouting a location. To guard against any of the other 50 million possible results would mean we'd never fly anywhere. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj