Pro Camera help?

Reaction score
So I finally had my first real crash with my p3 Pro. And it was a doozy. Busted gimbal arms. Ripped ribbon cable. Drone still flys perfect regardless. So I bought the replacement ribbon and gimbal arm kit. Mid repair I try to connect JUST the ribbon cable from my camera lens to the gimbal board. Power it up.. Nothing but black from display. No picture. Is this a bad sign?,,,, Or does all the gimbal motors have to be hooked up to get it all cooperating. I still need one of the gimbal pieces for full rebuild but I find myself wondering if I should just stop and buy a whole new camera, which is stupid expensive. I have seen phantom 3 standard new for the price of just the camera/gimbal of the pro version. What would be my next troubleshooting step to see if the gimbal board is working. no obvious damage was done to the board.

Post a picture of your gimbal board. Maybe someone here can help if there is a not so obvious problem with the board.

Maybe once you do a gimbal calibration after you finish the install it will work. how much is the other piece $30?

Ok. Here is some pics. I bought 3d printed arm replacements. But I'm still lacking one piece that was not included. Board looks fine. But if I hook it up with ribbon cable without the motors I figure I would at least get video. Get black screen. But the app acts like it the camera is there. Focus works and such.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

40bd1622cdd6f9caff25be26d14eb8ba.jpg
a9f799d023020a0a4103e953ab84f237.jpg
3f59ac4681209fbeb9e9006808c2addf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Maybe since the gimbal isn't initializing, it isn't sending video. Or maybe the video transmitter inside the gimbal is broken

did you use the original DJI flex cable? if not most likely the video wont be transmitted because the cable doesn't "register" with the bird

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic