Pricing Help

Reaction score
I'm going to be shooting some footage for my county fair of the vendors, rides, etc. This will take place the day before the fair opens, so I won't need to worry about flying over crowds. What I'm wondering is how much to price myself for the time. I'm assuming it'll take at least a couple hours of footage to get everything covered as well as basic editing (not cinema quality by any means). What do you all think?

You probably won't get any good replies other than people preaching to you how you're not supposed to charge money for any drone related content without having the proper credentials like the section 333 exemption thing from the FAA.

Trust me, this forum is full of those kinds of preachers.

You probably won't get any good replies other than people preaching to you how you're not supposed to charge money for any drone related content without having the proper credentials like the section 333 exemption thing from the FAA.

Trust me, this forum is full of those kinds of preachers.
I've noticed. However, when August comes, I'll have the Part 107, when this fair takes place. Oh well.

Part 107 and a pilot certificate is all you need come the end of August. Have a pilot friend stand next to you, or study hard and pass the $150 test at a CAT center to get your own pilots certificate.

I highly recommend getting the certificate.

Mike

It's hard to tell someone how much to charge. How much is YOUR time worth?

So many factors go into pricing such as:

How much travel time do you have going TO the location (I only charge one way but I make it worth while)
What does it cost you to be there? (insurance, equipment, time, etc)
How much time are you going to spend AFTER the flight processing the images video?
How difficult is the shot? What obstacles/hurdles will you have to deal with during the shoot (powerline, trees).

When you do start pricing things out don't undervalue your time, experience and equipment.

Good luck and fly safe!!

Reactions: Owen S

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub