Priceless?

Reaction score
Phantom v1.1.1...........................$470
Goodluckbuy 2 axis gimbal...............$80
Storm Deluxe FPV kit ...................$330
Kickass Infinity Hobby landing skids...$22
Total work bench tweak time combined..... less than 2 hours including original Phantom setup.

Having a killer and stable quad that captures top shelf video footage and gimbal tilt to boot...........FECKIN PRICELESS!

add another $60 in odds and ends (extra batteries, parallel xt60, various wires and decals, and some tools not on hand including small soldering iron) and this build came in under the $1000 mark- add the gopro Hero 3 black and it is under $1300

I feel kinda sorry for the P2V folks because I think my setup is superior dollar for dollar. (I had this argument with a local vision owner today and my point comes down to camera quality)

The only thing I have left on my wish list for this quad is a Futaba receiver and transmitter- I will also be getting the arris 3000 since nobody else seems to have a solid 3 axis gimbal out, or planning one I know of that is comparable. I will use the 2 axis on a handheld camera rig for filming while walking- I suppose a small lipo would power it fine.

I wasted the server space with this thread because I am doing Snoopy dances over here... all that is left is to test the range on the boscam 500mw fpv and decide on the best antenna.

Oh, and lastly? My most sincere gratitude to this board as I couldn't have gotten this far without the help. Next thread will be the results proper- once I edit something not total shyte.

Hi, just a little opposition, I think Phantom 2 would do a better job with longer flight times. I agree with you the bang for buck is superb.

Droid said:
Hi, just a little opposition, I think Phantom 2 would do a better job with longer flight times. I agree with you the bang for buck is superb.

I will not argue there. That would have been my 1st choice had I known it was to be released, but the vision was a disappointment.

I am confused on one point- I thought the NAZA in the v1.1.1 was supposed to be a V2? Am I mistaken in that? My bird has the V1- and I expected the V2 when I opened it up. I bought it back in November so I have little hope I will be reimbursed if this is a snafu- hopefully I am wrong about what I think I knew.

Don't stop now!
$70 P2 shell(dual batteries, P2 battery, big single battery)
$70 upgrade MC board(for CANbus, lighter than PMU)
$70 iOSD
And on...and on....and on :lol:

As for the Naza v2, does your box say 1.1 by chance. So many different models and stories of dealers shipping the wrong ones.

spanktimonious said:
Hiway said:
I feel kinda sorry for the P2V folks because I think my setup is superior dollar for dollar. (I had this argument with a local vision owner today and my point comes down to camera quality)

There are many folks who purchased the Vision that get bent when the inferior video quality (even without a gimbal) of the Vision camera is pointed out.

Regardless of cost.

Happy with the quality and happy to pay for an out of the box solution. Perhaps you could expend some of your considerable energy doing something positive on the forums?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Seahorse said:
spanktimonious said:
Hiway said:

There are many folks who purchased the Vision that get bent when the inferior video quality (even without a gimbal) of the Vision camera is pointed out.

Regardless of cost.

Happy with the quality and happy to pay for an out of the box solution. Perhaps you could expend some of your considerable energy doing something positive on the forums?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hey some people like to re invent the wheel, I like my vision so I sold my two phantoms. I am also happy with quality and all around performance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub