price difference in batteries

Reaction score
I ordered a spare battery for my Vision from a seperate dealer on amazon than I bought my phantom from. It was $129 bucks. When I was in the DJI assistant software a pop up came up that said it was not a smart battery. I am looking on amazon at smart batteries and I see price fluctuations for the smart battery of anywhere from 175 to 250 for the same MAH batteries. Whats is the difference? Do you recommend I send back the one I have and buy a smart battery? What exactly do the smart batteries do that others dont?

The official DJI battery goes for about $129.

It's not an issue of smart vs. not smart. It's an issue that some 3rd party batteries don't have a compatible firmware on them (at least, not compatible with current Phantom firmware). If the battery doesn't work, send it back.

how are those Limeful batteries? I am going to send the one I bought back because it doesnt even power on the same way and firmware says its not compatabIe
I need to buy another. Should I stick to something straight from DJI or do these work fine?

Stupid question but im confused. How are batteries updated, is it if when your phantom is turned on with the battery inserted the firmware gets updated?

I just want to be sure before I buy the limewiare battery I know how not to update

capodrone81 said:
Stupid question but im confused. How are batteries updated, is it if when your phantom is turned on with the battery inserted the firmware gets updated?

I just want to be sure before I buy the limewiare battery I know how not to update
Yea it's in the assistant software.

im probably over thinking this.

I just put in an oem dji battery and powered it up and connected to my naza software, when i click the update button all systems are fine so i look at the battery version and it says 2.00.00 and no updates available.

my question is is this version 2.00.00 kept on the battery or is this what my main board is at?

I want to make sure that even though all of my firmware is up to date main board gimball etc. that when i get my new battery in limefuel one it will work fine as long as i dont try to put the aftermarket battery in and load up the naza software and perform an update.. is this correct?

Limefuel Works just fine, i have used it for >4 months without any issues, unless longer flytime :lol:

The firm ware gets up dated on to a chip in the battery. But if you bought a battery that is saying non dji battery you either got a non di brand battery that is not compatible. OR you have battery that has dirty contacts on the 2 data contacts and the naza is thinking its not a dji battery if its not making good contact.

But I have to ask if this is a DJI battery or another brand????? based on you paying 129 which is pretty much what DJI battery's go for other then dealers trying to rip some one off. and most after market battery's are less then $129

Batteries purchased before the Vision+ was available, may not be firmware updatable.

I'm not sure when the newer batteries started showing up in parts stores, but older Vision batteries don't update its firmware,
and the auto-discharge feature requires the newest revisions on the firmware for the feature to work on plus batteries.

Mine are a year old and cannot be updated. :cry:

yes the firmware is in the battery so dont ever try to update while you have an after market battery in the phantom.
or it can brick the battery and then it wont work in your phantom or any ones again. and it will just be a big paper weight with some fancy leds on it.

So the Lime batteries are pretty much plug and fly? I don't want to update it if it's going to render it useless.

ccase39 said:
So the Lime batteries are pretty much plug and fly? I don't want to update it if it's going to render it useless.

Jep :D and as you say, don't update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik