Preventing the camera on the P2V from embedding GPS info

Reaction score
Searched around on the site (and around the web) but could not find any reference to this.

Is there any way to disable the Vision camera from attaching GPS coordinates to all the still pictures? I really don't what that info on them, for the same reason I disabled this stuff on my cell phone cam. :?

Depending on what computer you use, you could always just edit the EXIF information for the pictures. I'm not aware of a way of not saving co-ordinates as part of the metadata.

hope this helps

Bmews

BMEWS said:
Depending on what computer you use, you could always just edit the EXIF information for the pictures. I'm not aware of a way of not saving co-ordinates as part of the metadata.
hope this helps Bmews
I've tried using Windows Properties, Details, Personal Info deleting. I can check the boxes but I get an error message that says I can't change or delete this info. It has to be done with the camera that TOOK the pics. Well, the FC200 doesn't allow us to do that.

Wonder if DJI would be open to making that change in a future cam upgrade...

Thanks for trying, Bmews.

Opening JPG image and saving it again just to remove EXIF data, is not a good way because unpacking and repacking will add packing artifacts in the image every time.

Pull_Up said:
You could have a look at this: http://www.superutils.com/products/exifcleaner/

Alternatively you could import into the photo manipulation software GIMP then just uncheck the "save Exif data" tickbox in the jpeg save dialogue. I'm assuming Photoshop has something similar, but GIMP is free and open source...

I just downloaded the "exifcleaner" and it works! However, it's on a 30 day trial, then I have to pay something. Not sure how much yet. Thanks Pull_Up. I wish DJI would address this and allow us to NOT attach GPS co-ords if we so choose.

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestion. I tried another one I found through a web search but cannot even find in on my computer. It was a CNET download too.

I use a PS action to save without EXIF (uses PS's Save For Web option), but I realize not everyone can write PS off as a business expense. LOL!

In ANY image program, you can load your image and copy the ENTIRE image to your clipboard. CLOSE your original file.

Now, make a NEW file with the same dimensions (same x,y axis pixel count, DPI is not important).

PASTE your clipboard contents into your new file that you just created. You should now be able to save it without ANY EXIF info.

Hope that helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.