President Barack Obama to issue executive order on drone pri

Re: President Barack Obama to issue executive order on drone

Of all the privacy issues around the US today, THIS one gets an executive order? I don't get it...

seminole360 said:
Of all the privacy issues around the US today, THIS one gets an executive order? I don't get it...
Well-said.

As I've said many times before, people have been flying, "drones," in one way or another and with cameras. But now, all of a sudden, it's an issue.

Oh, let's not forget there are already privacy laws in place to protect peoples' privacy.

So, It is just for commercial usage, not for hobby ? you do not have to comply if you are doing it for hobby, do you?

Do we need separate a law for every **** thing?

There are already laws on the books to prevent trespassing and spying on your neighbors. These can already be applied to drones.
It's just as illegal to take pictures on private property with a drone as it is to take pictures in person.
We don't need any extra laws.

yali said:
So, It is just for commercial usage, not for hobby ? you do not have to comply if you are doing it for hobby, do you?

Being that the article mentioned the word "voluntary", I don't think that one would have to comply at all, if it wasn't convenient to do so. But that's just my take on things. I doubt that my current activities with my Phantom will be impacted by whatever they come up with, since I'm rarely in the air taking pictures in areas where I haven't been invited/cleared by the property owner or their representative.

Executive Orders are policy...not law. If you're a government agency, you should adhere to them. If you hold contracts with government, you should adhere to them. Otherwise it's Obama flapping his lips again.

Sounds like just a political stunt to look like he's doing something, when the FAA is spinning its wheels.

Just more fodder for the news kiddies to get all excited about. Means nothing no one is listening to him at this point anyway. Fly on...safely and courteously.

Elginet said:
Executive Orders are policy...not law. If you're a government agency, you should adhere to them. If you hold contracts with government, you should adhere to them. Otherwise it's Obama flapping his lips again.
+1

This executive order, if it happens, is simply an instruction to a particular agency to develop privacy guidelines for commercial use. It is not, itself, a set of rules or guidelines for any users, and so there is nothing for you to comply or not comply with. I'd suggest reading the actual details, but I guess the headline is just too tempting to use as an excuse for the usual ignorant partisan ranting.

sar104 said:
This executive order, if it happens, is simply an instruction to a particular agency to develop privacy guidelines for commercial use. It is not, itself, a set of rules or guidelines for any users, and so there is nothing for you to comply or not comply with. I'd suggest reading the actual details, but I guess the headline is just too tempting to use as an excuse for the usual ignorant partisan ranting.

+100

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers