Preferred OS - Nexus 7 2013

Reaction score
I have just bought a new Nexus 7 2013 that ships with Android JellyBean 4.3. I'm just after some advice as to whether I should update the firmware and if so to which version?
Thanks

There are a ton of Nexus users on here - can't believe no-one has an opinion/suggestion.

Marshmallow works great on my Nexus 6P. I'm pretty sure the Nexus 7 2013 supports Marshmallow also I would definitely update it :)

Marshmallow works great on my Nexus 6P. I'm pretty sure the Nexus 7 2013 supports Marshmallow also I would definitely update it :)
Thanks - have you optimised the device in any way and have you experienced any lag?

No lag at all, it runs extremely smooth on the 6P! What do you mean by optimized the device, Like apps or system changes?

On my Nexus 7 2013, I upgraded OS to Marshmallow then removed EVERYTHING that was not needed. Maps and DJI GO is all that's on. No lagging, runs like a champ.

On my Nexus 7 2013, I upgraded OS to Marshmallow then removed EVERYTHING that was not needed. Maps and DJI GO is all that's on. No lagging, runs like a champ.

is it safe to remove everything? I never know which apps may affect the running of the tablet?

I got my nexus 7 (2013) last feb and upgraded it to 6.01. Later I thought maybe I should have just used 4.43 or what ever was on it.
The logic being that the older OS may be less demanding on the CPU.

However I am running on what is in my signature. It has crashed a few times and I have done 3 re installs, changed sd cards and developed the habit of formatting the SD card at the start of each flight.(as opposed to deleting from pc.)
Somewhere in all of that I have no problems now and also run a screen recorder on occasion as well.
I have very few other apps on the nexus and it's only purpose is for the P3.

It has a good bright screen and even tho I bought the DJI hood. I don't use it.
Keeping grimmy finger prints off is the most helpful anti-glare.

As Alfex says is good. If you use the Nexus for nothing but P3 use then uninstall anything which you will not use.
I did this and the Nexus would not restart and required a factory reset....

Can't connect my reset N7 2013 marshmallow, to my P4. its like the USB port isn't working, in development mode USB debugged. Any help would be helpful

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.